Ancient oracle meets modern device! Deal with life's challenges more meaningfully. Tap into your inner self. Find the translation that speaks to you. Ask questions, use the oracle, manage a journal, and browse multiple book translations.
* Specify a topic
* Enter a question or phrase
* Toss coins by shaking
* Or manipulate yarrow stalks
* Or toss dice
* Or use Stephen Karcher's Circle of Protectors
* Or navigate Michael Tingle's I Ching Mandala
* Or use the Quick option
* Or use manual input
Manage a journal...
* Multi-line questions & notes
* Sort by topic, hexagram or date
* Search by keyword
* Present, Changes and Future
* Add your own notes
* Switch translations for readings
* Mail journal entries
* Sync over iCloud
Browse the book...
* Multiple book translations
* Chinese with Pinyin phonetics
* King Wen Hexagram numbers
* Trigram descriptions
* Component Trigrams
* Ruling Lines
* Related Hexagrams
* A Library tab makes it easy to switch books
* "Yi Jing - Book of Transformations" by Brian Arnold, featuring artwork by Elizabeth Nelson
* "A Guide to the I Ching" by Carol K. Anthony (English and German)
* "Yi Jing / Book of Changes" by Gregory C. Richter
* "I Ching Oracle" by Nigel Richmond
* "Language of the Lines", English (Nigel Richmond)
* "Taoist I Ching", English (Gia Fu Feng with Frank Kegan)
* Original Chinese (two versions)
* "I Ging", German (Wilhelm)
* "Yi Jing", Japanese (Yo Fujiwara)
* "Yi Jing", in French, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, Russian (Arnold)
More books for in-app purchase...
* "The I Ching or Book of Changes" (Book I, II and III) by Richard Wilhelm
* "The Laws of Change" by Jack Balkin
* "I Ching: Walking Your Path, Creating Your Future" by Hilary Barrett
* "The Complete I Ching" by Taoist Master Alfred Huang
* "I Ching: Navigating Change" by Stephen Karcher
* "The I Ching Workbook" by R.L. Wing
* "The I Ching: The Book To Turn To For Wisdom And Guidance" by Michael Hurn with Claire Hurn
Other key features...
* Straightforward and elegant interface
* Option to represent coin heads as Yang
* Option to cast coins using Yarrow stalk probabilities
* Portrait and landscape orientation
* Resources to access help and online I Ching resources
Minor updates for improved compatibility with iOS 13.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Superb in every way
This is by far the best I Ching app available. I had their earlier version with the Richard Wilhelm translation. It too is a great app, but when that app gave me a note that I could import the Wilhelm book into the this newer app, I became curious. To my delight, I found that this new version imported the full Wilhelm book I had in the other app and came with a few other translations. When clicking on the library icon, it took me to the store to buy more translations, but a few of them were for free and just allowed me to install them. Now, I have 6 translations that came with the app, carrying over the Wilhelm made it 7. I could then not help but buy Alfred Huang's, texts as well as that is one of my favorite translations. My next will be to get Balkin's. I love this app. It allows you to be in the reading of a hexagram and switch to another translation. No more going through stacks of books. They are are right at the tip of the finger. If you are a purest and think that a computer app cannot deliver the same experience as tossing your own yarrow or coins, then you could still do that and then come to the app and use it like a book, or should I say like many books and note have to look anything up. It is all right there in front of you. Best thing to ever happen to the I Ching. Now, if only they had the Taoist I Ching by Cleary, I would be very happy as I often consult this as well during readings. Love this app!
I have owned and studied the Wilhelm translation of the Yi Jing for over 35 years. I’ve been waiting for an app that is worthy of the wisdom of this ancient resource, that provides all the angles and variations required to contemplate its many secrets - and this app definitely delivers. The interactivity and navigation of the features is pretty intuitive although if you’re new to the Yi Jing you won’t understand what many things mean.
Congratulations to the developers who’ve created a Chinese Book of Changes app that is worthy of the ages!
Post note: I did have some problems downloading and installing. The first time it didn’t install correctly and failed to open multiple times. I had to delete the app, power my phone off and on, then download-install again. The second time it worked well.
The Best tool for reading the I Ching.
I have been using this application for the last 4+ years. When it first came out it was good and since has become absolutely amazing.
I have yet to find a better application on any other platform. The ability to switch between the various published versions is helpful in gaining a greater overall understanding of the reading.
I have been waiting to see a MacOS version release as I value this application that much. It has assisted in my study of the I Ching more than can be expressed as it is always in my pocket ready to reference.
I respect the incredible amount of time and effort that the developers poured into producing this incredible tool.
The fact that you were able to obtain permission to publish some of the more prominent works on the study of the I Ching can only be stated as utterly fantastic and greatly appreciated.
I look forward to seeing what you accomplish with this application in the future.
Keep up the amazing work!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Flat Earth Studio LLC
- 147 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Brian Arnold
- In-App Purchases
- The I Ching Workbook (RL Wing) $6.99
- The I Ching: Book I (Wilhelm) $4.99
- The I Ching II: The Material $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.