The YMCA of San Diego County mobile application makes it easier for San Diego Y members and participants to engage with the YMCA. The application allows you to view current group exercise class schedules, upcoming registered and favorited program sessions and use your mobile device as your Y membership card for facility access. The app also…
+ Allows users to view and manage membership details and family profiles.
+ Browse and favorite group exercise class schedules from all San Diego Y locations.
+ Find and register for programs and events for the entire family.
+ Find and compare amenities at all Y locations.
+ Be notified of upcoming favorites classes, program sessions and facility updates or alerts.
Contactless facility entry support, in-app document signing. Fixes an issue which prevented user profile updates in certain situations.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
App & Web Interface Need Work
App slow to login and logout which is the same as the website. Also, doesn’t take advantage of iPhone face recognition.
Cannot login into both the App and website simultaneously. Even after logging out of App, website indicates that it seems that I am already logged into YMCA else where. But, I am not.
Finally, select schedules, pool and facilities, the response is always none available.
Very rudimentary development state that appears to be a poor wrapper for the website.
App does not have the my y dashboard. Classes and registrations are not available as a quick view. I need to log in to my internet browser in order to view this which is annoying.
Developer Response ,
Hi there! My Y dashboard information including your registered programs and favorites will be displayed on the main screen after you’ve logged in. If you do not see expected information please tap on the refresh icon on the top right of the screen.
Please note, we have resolved an issue that in certain situations was preventing registered sessions from displaying, but that has been resolved as of 7/10/2020.
If you need further assistance we’re happy to help, please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Needs a ton of work
1. I was able to log in and see my account, as well as who is in my family group.
2. Once, on the myY button, I was able to scan in place of a membership card, though now it’s not there.
3. You can add your membership card to your wallet on the iPhone.
4. You can change family member’s photos, email addresses and passwords.
1. You cannot add or remove anyone from your family group within the app.
2. It constantly logs me out then says my password is incorrect. The only way to solve it is to “forget my password”.
3. I was excited to see I could ditch my card and use my phone, though, not only is my card info not at the top anymore but adding it to the iPhone wallet is useless because the barcode system hasn’t been updated to work with the wallet format. Though, for a few years, I have been using a different ymca app that works just fine as a card replacement.
4. In San Diego, we have 15+ YMCAs. Within the app, you can’t see any other YMCA schedule besides your home Y. I regularly visit other Ys because of class options.
I’m sure with some tweaks, this will be a great app but for now, it’s completely useless to me.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.