Yoga 108 app helps you learn and pronounce asana ( yoga poses ) names in Sanskrit. The audio can also be played at a slower pace to facilitate easy learning.
- More than 100 poses, with pictures.
- Asana names in English and Sanskrit.
- Switch between English and Sanskrit names.
- Search for poses in English and Sanskrit.
- Swipe left or right for easy navigation.
- Asana pronunciation in Sanskrit.
- A study of Asana names.
- Ashtanga / Sivananda opening and closing prayers.
- General Sanskrit Prayers.
- Ashtanga Primary Series Sequence with audio in Sanskrit.
- Bikram yoga sequence with audio in Sanskrit.
- Sivananda yoga sequence with audio in Sanskrit.
- Scroll View on the bottom of the sequence page for easy navigation.
- Definition of 8 limbs of yoga.
Fix in Ashtanga sequence for Spanish version.
Ratings and Reviews
Wonderful Tool for deepening and understanding Asana
I am so grateful to have discovered this app. I am an avid yoga fan and currently in a 200 hour teacher training. Having a place to reinforce what I am learning and being able to hear and practice the Sanskrit is a tremendous help in my training process. I also appreciate the concise discussion of the 8 limbs of Raja yoga.
if there are plans for further development having an ability to create my own sequences would be a very useful tool! The app is simple to use, great as a study tool and I recommend it for anyone who wants to be able to move between their mother tongue and Sanskrit.
Anastasia Prentiss Ph.D
Great app for new instructors and yogis!
As a student in a 200 HR-RYT program, this app has come in handy when learning the Sanskrit names of the poses. Being able to hear them as well, in a slower form is a great tool. It would be helpful to have Surya Namaskar A and B in separate groups outside of The Primary Series section. More poses would be great as well. Overall, extremely happy using this app! Nice job!
Phenomenal App! Sanskrit, Mantras, Poses!
I have loved this app for so long! It is a gift to me as a Westerner who started learning yoga and came to find my love of Sanskrit and belief it should be preserved and taught authentically along with asana / poses.
Thank you for creating this for us!
Ps. I’d love to have translations of the mantras if you one day add those! I can imagine the translation is somewhat subjective & tricky...
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.