Yonks is a day counter app for past and future events, you would like to remember.
Ever wondered how many days have been passed since you were born or since you've been married? How many weeks are left until your next vacation starts or a project must be finished? Are you counting the days since you've started your diet, daily workout or quit smoking? How many hours until a highly anticipated movie opens or the new awesome video game will be released?
Yonks (British slang for "a long time") helps you to keep track of all of these dates and their notable milestones. :)
- Fully customizable counters: Choose between counting minutes, hours, days, weeks, months or years and select a custom emoji and color for every counter.
- Milestones: See when a notable milestone occurs (e.g. "When is your 1000 day anniversary?") and add it to your calendar.
- Sortable lists: Order your counters manually, alphabetically, increasing or decreasing by date or by color.
- Notes: Need to remember more than just a date? No problem, just add a custom note to your counter.
- Suggestions: No idea what to add? Yonks has a growing list of popular counters from a variety of categories (holidays, history, sports, movies, games, ...) for you to add with one tap.
- Customizable date and time formats: Just change the date, time and number formats according to your personal preferences.
- NEW: A combined unit (like "49 years, 8 months, 5 days") – it's your most requested feature for Yonks!
- NEW: Real-time updating of counters
- NEW: Export and import your counters as JSON
- NEW: Ability to change unit from it's details grid
- IMPROVEMENT: Optimized caching for suggestions
- IMPROVEMENT: Optimized rounding of some counters
- FIX: Fixed emoji flickering/vanishing on iOS 12.2
Ratings and Reviews
Finally a Countdown app for me
I’ve always wanted one of these, but never found one that was as easy, intuitive, and fun to use as this one. The suggestions are great to get you started and give you ideas for your own. Love it.
iCloud backup support needed
When this app first came out I added a bunch of great dates to track using it. I had to install the app on a new phone and found the app had none of my dates on it. I see you added import and export support but I think iCloud storage for something like this is pretty important.
Developer Response ,
Hey Jason, thank you for using Yonks and thank you for your feedback. You‘re absolutely right! iCloud sync is definitely planned for a future version, I just didn’t have the time to implement it yet. In the meantime there’s the import/export to transfer your counters manually.
No Notifications (Dev is working on it)
I hope notifications will be added, but until then, I was very pleased by the developer’s kind response. I am upgrading my review to 5 stars 😀
Developer Response ,
Yonks has the option to add milestones to your calendar, which keeps you informed about important dates. Besides that I’m looking into the best way to include notifications for counters, but it may take me some time to implement this. Please hang on and watch out for future releases of Yonks!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.