From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the York Daily Record app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 3 months for just 99¢ per month ($9.99/month after), or $69.99 annually. If you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://cm.ydr.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: email@example.com
• More Personalization: We're adding in greater flexibility and new features to help you follow the topics most relevant to you for upcoming events. Keep a look out for more "My Topics" around big events coming soon.
• More Stories: We're now showing only our latest published content in the More Stories section to keep you up to date on what's happening now.
• As always, we've fixed some bugs and improved performance.
Ratings and Reviews
Great local paper
The Coronavirus really highlights how important local news is. They do a great job.
Cancelling subscription because of the app
I wanted to have access to local news during COVID, and virtual news was the most affordable option. But after a few months of using this app, I’m fed up with it and consequently cancelling my subscription. The app is set up like a Facebook timeline, where new articles are mixed in with old ones and click-bait ads made to look like news stories. Why am I paying $8.99/ month to wade through advertisements? It also feels like the same articles have been posted for months, which makes sense if they’re being updated but there is no clear notice saying as much. There is also a “you missed # stories- catch up” banner near the top that directs you to the new articles, and that’s the reason I’ve kept using the app as long as I have. Not worth it to me anymore though- I’ll watch the news on TV instead.
Comments Feature Needed, Etc.
Please add the ability for subscribers to comment on each article and to be able to view others’ comments.
And why do I have to see endless ads when I’m paying for full digital access?
I stay a subscriber for access to local news. However, every day I question my decision to support local “journalism” when you subject readers to your never ending leftist biased agenda. And then you wonder why newspapers are failing.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 196.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2021 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- York Daily Record Digital Subscription $9.99
- York Daily Record Annual Digital Subscription $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.