YORK’S BEST is an ideal travel guide to this historic English city. Written by a pro-author it explores key NEIGHBOURHOODS; details SIGHTS; outlines ITINERARIES; and suggests great places to EAT & DRINK. All content (115 points-of-interest & 243 pics) is original; no recommendations are ads!
***Published by TouchScreenTravels.com: independent travel guides for the digital age. Our Touch, your Travels.***
*YORK’S BEST* starts with a TRIP ESSENTIALS section to help with planning that includes ACCOMMODATION suggestions, a guide to EVENTS, and TRANSPORT info.
A rundown of all the key DISTRICTS then helps orientate you, while an ITINERARIES section offers first-timers an ideal way to explore the city using easy-to-follow routes.
Or, if you’re keen on exploring local ART or ARCHITECTURE; finding out about city HISTORY; spending time outdoors in PARKS & GARDENS; or just want to find the best attractions for KIDS & FAMILIES, you might just dive straight into one of these themed sections. Other such sections include CHURCHES, MUSEUMS and FREE ATTRACTIONS.
Finally the app details many good places to EAT, DRINK & SHOP; with a rundown of the main CAFES, PUBS, RESTAURANTS, THEATRES and CINEMAS to ensure that perfect urban getaway.
APP FEATURE: TRIP ESSENTIALS
Key planning info, including:
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
APP FEATURE: DISTRICTS
Meet the key city districts:
• The Castle Area
• The Minster Area
• The Station Area
APP FEATURE: ITINERARIES & TOURS
Easy-to-follow routes & group tour links, including:
• York In-A-Day
• The Minster In-2-hours
• Walk the Walls In-Half-A-Day
• Cycling, Boat & Bus Tours
• Walking Tours
APP FEATURE: INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• York For Free
• Kids & Families
• Parks & Gardens
APP FEATURE: EAT, DRINK, SHOP & WATCH
With backgrounders on local food and tips for souvenir hunting:
• Cafés & Tea Rooms
• Local Foods
• Shops & Shopping
• Theatres & Cinemas
APP FEATURE: TECHNICAL
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• Author: Raymond Williams has lived in York for over thirty years. Following a career in publishing, he is now following in the footsteps of his son, an experienced travel writer. This is his third e-guide to this ancient city.
• Icon: PublicDomainPictures@pixabay
REVIEWS & RATINGS
Reviews and ratings are like gold dust to small developers like us. If you like the app please go back into the app store, find this app again then leave a review or even just a rating. It really helps us. Thanks.
Zoom and pan images when full-screen
Ratings and Reviews
Both the app and the city are a good way to explore English history. Plenty of good eating suggestions too.
City of Fantastic!
Enjoyed all of the beautiful sites of York. Great app for travel advice and help .
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wu Wei Ltd
- 37.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Raymond Williams
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.