YoruFukurou (NightOwl) is a powerful native Twitter client for Mac OS X, designed for Twitter addicts.
User Interface Designer: @hydroxygenic
- Manage multiple Twitter accounts
- Create tabs from rules (user IDs, keywords and regular expressions)
- Create Twitter search tabs
- Create tabs from Lists
- Block unwanted Tweets (user IDs, keywords, regular expressions and application name)
- Powerful keyboard shortcuts
- Conversation view
- Single user view
- Change font size
- Unread management (hit space key to read through unread Tweets)
- Powerful notification support (sound and growl)
- Two different appearance modes (normal view and mini view)
- Image preview
- "Paste to YoruFukurou" bookmarklet for web browsers
- Autocompletion (user IDs and hashtags)
- Now browsing & now playing
- Upload images
- Customizable image service
- Instant filter
- URL shortening
- Customizable URL shortener
- Show one-sided follow badge
- Color customization
- API Error console
- Fixed minimum supported OS version
Ratings and Reviews
nice program for the blind twitter user
I have been using this client since OS X 10.7 and I find it very usable for my needs. It’s fully voiceover compatible and uses a completely simple interface design. Unlike the twitter client offered by twitter itself, this one streams inline and in order. This makes it very easy for me to track tweets.
Only problem just now, it still only supports 140 character limit. It would be nice to be ale to use it in 280 character mode.
can’t upload pic using twitter pic
still can’t upload pic using twitter picture API.
Best Twitter Client
I can finally follow the twitter timeline in a way that makes sense. Please update to the 280 character limit! Please!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.