YourCoast will get you to more than 1,600 hidden (and not so hidden) beaches, trails and parks along the California coast. With directions, photos, and other features, you’ll always know which beach has restrooms, parking, disabled access, is dog friendly and more. This is the official app of the California Coastal Commission.
YourCoast helps you to:
* Find new areas to have fun on the coast, including hidden pocket beaches, beautiful nature trails overlooking the ocean, and other popular visitor destinations
* Find the beach or other accessway that meets your specific needs, using search and filter functions
* Find out where the access point is, and get directions on how to get there
* Know what each location offers such as restrooms, parking, camping facilities and more, before you get there, with a list of features for each access point and photos
* Share information about an access point with your friends and family
* Go to remote areas without cell coverage and view photos, maps, and other information about accessways that you recently viewed on the app.
YourCoast is free and a great resource for your next trip to the coast. The California coast belongs to all of us. Get out and enjoy it!
Brought to you by the California Coastal Commission, a California state agency devoted to protecting and enhancing California's coast and ocean for present and future generations.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice! But about those dogs...
I’m using an iPhone Xr and have had no issues with glitches or crashes.
The app is pretty great for exploring the beaches and nearby areas, however, I do have one strong suggestion.
Right now you can filter for “dog friendly”, but that’s pretty vague. I suggest that single filter be changed to three separate filters:
- Dogs Prohibited;
- Dogs Allowed On Leash, and;
- Dogs Allowed Off Leash.
This would be a very positive addition and much appreciated!
Great idea to fully enjoy the amazing Cali Coast!
This app is a fabulous idea!! We moved recently from the east coast and as I find beach suggestions for us and our dog I try saving them to my google maps but it’s slow going. Now we can find them on-the-road as needed as we explore our new home state...and there are so many choices to enjoy!!! Thank you the making experiencing Cali even more fulfilling 👏
I was cheered to read about this in the paper, especially these days. It seems like this was a great solution to the problem, appropriate restitution that will increase awareness of and access to the coast. The app has worked great for me so far.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- CALIFORNIA COASTAL COMMISSION
- 13.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © California Coastal Commission 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.