The path toward the goal of a world where people treat each other with respect and dignity is through effective education. Many human rights organizations focus on research and advocacy for the victims of abuse. Youth for Human Rights International complements this work by addressing those issues with educational materials and activities.
The Youth for Human Rights Online Education iPad application is designed for elementary, middle and high school students. It may be used as a full course or as a supplemental resource within another curriculum. The aim is to engage students in human rights topics and provide opportunities to put human rights principles into action and use.
While the materials were designed for teachers, they are equally appropriate for youth group leaders—both religious and secular—as well as mentors and parents.
The application gives you access to the complete Educator’s Guide, the documentary film The Story of Human Rights, 30 award-winning public service announcements illustrating the 30 human rights, the UNITED music video and two booklets, What Are Human Rights? and The Story of Human Rights.
As has been proven in many different settings, any caring person who works with youth can use these materials to raise awareness of human rights. Download the app and get started today!
- Full interactive classroom environment, built to facilitate several learning environments, providing tools for both teacher and student
- Teachers can use the application to deliver the curriculum to students right in the classroom
- Tutors and home school teachers can manage several students at once, customizing the curriculum for the needs of specific students in a remote or one-on-one scenario
- The Teacher's Guide section provides the full educators guide and lesson plan for each lesson, allowing them to prepare lesson delivery beforehand and also deliver the curriculum step by step using the iPad in class
- Notice Board section gives teachers the facility to post up exemplary student answers for the class to see for discussion purposes and to make teacher announcements
- Student Roster provided to manage your students, review progress and assign grades for each student
- Grading system provided with the ability to assign a grade, pass or flunk, with full notes
- Notifications and messaging system provide the ability to send and receive messages to individual students.
- All Youth for Human Rights educational videos, booklets and materials are provided in the resources section, as well as in-line with the lessons themselves, ready for immediate viewing
- Additionally, all materials can be downloaded for viewing, making these available whether you are online or offline
- Is fully synchronized with your online classroom at http://education.youthforhumanrights.org where teachers can also log in with the same account information, where the same tools and environment is provided, including more advanced class management and grading
- Students can download the application and do assignments either right in class, or at their own pace under the guidance of a tutor or counselor
- Full lesson plan displayed right on the chalkboard for students to progress step by step through the curriculum
- Videos and booklets provided in-line with the course steps
- Steps include essays, questionnaires, assignments and homework
- Ability to download all materials needed to do homework outside of class
- Notifications section available to exchange messages with the teacher and review the lesson grades
- All downloadable resources are available to the student for viewing and sharing with friends
- Student's progress through the curriculum is fully synchronized with his online login at http://education.youthforhumanrights.org and students can complete lessons on either the iPad or website
* iOS 12 Compatibility
Ratings and Reviews
Do you know what to fill in the "Class Code" bar to register a new student? I can't sign up without it.
This is a breakthrough in online education
Not up to date
Please fix this current version
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- YOUTH FOR HUMAN RIGHTS INTL
- 66.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Youth for Human Rights International
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.