Make watching your favorite videos easier with the YouTube app. Explore brand new content, music, news and more with the official YouTube app for iPhone and iPad.
Discover even more with the official YouTube app. Subscribe to channels with your favorite content, share them with friends or upload your very own videos for everyone to see.
Get more out of your video streaming app and discover even more with YouTube.
DISCOVER BRAND NEW CONTENT
- Browse YouTube’s personal recommendations on the home tab
- Watch the hottest videos, from music to viral sensations on the trending tab
- Like something? Tap like to save to your personal list or share with your friends!
- Find the videos of the latest hits!
- Watch fresh releases from popular and trending artists
LIVE STREAMS & MORE
- Get the latest news or watch your favorite popular live streams right on your device!
LEARN FROM THE BEST
- Practice and learn alongside the best online
- Watch videos and learn any skill you need
- Explore thousands of videos for makeup, DIY, tips and more!
CONNECT AND SHARE
- Let people know how you feel with likes, comments, or shares
- Directly share your friends favorite videos with your friends
- Make a playlist that saves your favorite videos
- See the latest from the creators you follow on the subscriptions tab
Download the official YouTube app and start watching your favorite videos today!
SUPPORT YOUR FAVORITE CREATORS WITH CHANNEL MEMBERSHIPS
- Support the channel you love with monthly recurring payments
- Stand out in comments and live chat with a loyalty badge next to your username
- Get access to exclusive perks from the channel
WITH YOUTUBE PREMIUM, GET YOUTUBE AD-FREE, OFFLINE, AND IN THE BACKGROUND.
- Watch the videos you love without ads!
- Play videos in the background, even when you open another app
- Download videos for when you're low on data or can't get online
If you subscribe via iTunes:
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the rate of the selected plan. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to Account Settings after purchase
Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription.
Monthly price: $15.99
YouTube paid service terms: https://www.youtube.com/t/terms_paidservice
Bug fixes, stability improvements, repairs to time-space continuum, etc. etc.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Performs Well; Convoluted Settings Management
My expectations weren’t beyond those of a novice user so few complaints here about performance. True that some videos are recorded with very low audio pre-gain so that their playbacks on this old iPad are almost inaudible to my aging ears.
My real complaint is about how difficult the settings menu makes it to delete my own comments history and my viewing history. There is no ‘select all’ or ‘delete all’ function so it must be done one deletion at a time. Try doing this a few hundred times every so often. Further, it is very obtuse to discover how to delete comments: go to profile (allowing further access via web page instead of through the app), then settings, then it becomes really difficult so that I can’t even remember now what menu description it is hiding under. You Tube is being comedic in the way it offers you an opportunity to deleted this content yet won’t easily release this offer from their tightly clutching fist when you try to use it. It only matters so much to me because of the degree to which they (YT, Google, Quora, etc.???) collaborate through their cabal to build data profiles on everyone. I simply quit Quora once I discovered the profile data was leaking into YT and Google.
Good app, Terrible Flaws
It works at what it needs to do, playing videos and at a usually good quality might I add. However there are some major flaws that are infuriating to deal with. Recently there was an update that causes videos to enlarge to their originally recorded aspect ratio. On paper it is nice, but there is NO way to revert it to the old way of just having a consistent ratio and black bars on “square” videos. This causes numerous videos to enlarge to a 1:1 ratio that takes up the entire left side of the screen. This causes the description and comments to be impossible to navigate at all. If there was an option to change it back to how it used to be, this would be a minor issue thats easy to fix, but the option to revert this either isn’t clear or does not exist at all. After seeing this issue, I wanted to see which update it was that caused my issue, assuming it was the most recent one. But all I see is “Shiner bells and whistles!” Or “Fixed some bugs” and other things. But when they do not disclose what exactly these updates do, these statements seem extremely condescending. Overall, the app is sufficient, but greatly frustrating and troublesome to deal with at times.
Much buffering now but better than the website
Much of the content I chose either needs high resolution or only 144p, which the app offers but YouTube’s website doesn’t (240p is its lowest).What would be nice to see one day is dynamic video resolution which maintains good detail on readable content during static periods and blurs motion to save bandwidth. It’s a necessary pain to enable ‘automatic’ resolution only for it to be slower with fallback which prefers automatically increased demands over seamless real-time continuity. I guess they decided to table the usability issue in favor of Closed Captions so my being an avid user of those, and considering the other problems with diminished user priority which denies access to functionality during playback, notably scrub control of ads and cessation of playback(ad-supported version) whenever iOS display/audio controls are accessed, I haven’t any rights to ask for perfection without expecting much longer ads. And nobody wants THAT!
- Google LLC
- 218.3 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2020 Google Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- YouTube Red $12.99
- YouTube Red $9.99
- YouTube Red $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.