Make watching your favorite videos easier with the YouTube app. Explore brand new content, music, news and more with the official YouTube app for iPhone and iPad.
Discover even more with the official YouTube app. Subscribe to channels with your favorite content, share them with friends or upload your very own videos for everyone to see.
Get more out of your video streaming app and discover even more with YouTube.
DISCOVER BRAND NEW CONTENT
- Browse YouTube’s personal recommendations on the home tab
- Watch the hottest videos, from music to viral sensations on the trending tab
- Like something? Tap like to save to your personal list or share with your friends!
- Find the videos of the latest hits!
- Watch fresh releases from popular and trending artists
LIVE STREAMS & MORE
- Get the latest news or watch your favorite popular live streams right on your device!
LEARN FROM THE BEST
- Practice and learn alongside the best online
- Watch videos and learn any skill you need
- Explore thousands of videos for makeup, DIY, tips and more!
CONNECT AND SHARE
- Let people know how you feel with likes, comments, or shares
- Directly share your friends favorite videos with your friends
- Make a playlist that saves your favorite videos
- See the latest from the creators you follow on the subscriptions tab
Download the official YouTube app and start watching your favorite videos today!
SUPPORT YOUR FAVORITE CREATORS WITH CHANNEL MEMBERSHIPS
- Support the channel you love with monthly recurring payments
- Stand out in comments and live chat with a loyalty badge next to your username
- Get access to exclusive perks from the channel
WITH YOUTUBE PREMIUM, ENJOY YOUTUBE AD-FREE, OFFLINE, AND IN THE BACKGROUND.
- Watch the videos you love, uninterrupted
- Play videos in the background, even when you open another app or when the screen is locked
- Download videos for when you're low on data or can't get online
If you subscribe via iTunes:
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the rate of the selected plan. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to Account Settings after purchase
Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription.
Monthly price: $15.99
YouTube paid service terms: https://www.youtube.com/t/terms_paidservice
Fixed bugs, improved performance, took the afternoon off.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Im triggered about the comment section
I hate the new update for the comments. I hate having to press something just to go trough the comments. I would rather scroll down then tap on the bar thing. I hate when the videos are really big i like it how it used to be. Please change it.
Hi again! I have some issues I would like to address! So on the Ipad im begging to have community posts able to be seen. Just make it like the phone but wider. Its stressing me how much I miss stuff because people normally post on the community post option. I have to go on my phone just to see it. Another one is PLEASE update the notification area. It use to be amazing before until you guys changed it. I am not going to lie but you people are ruining your app to the worst. I don’t wanna come off harsh or anything but it is very annoying. I am gonna keep my rating on 4 stars till you guys improve. For now it’s staying on 4. Another issue is the search thing glitch (i think glitch). It would just not let me delete my search or click on it. I have no idea why but i would like to no because its annoying me a lot.
I wanna say thank you for your time!
Alright, but flawed in fundamental ways
The iOS app constantly forgets the actively playing background video when I lock the screen, and even if it appears on the lock screen to pause/play, trying to start and stop it via Bluetooth headphone burins also constantly fails and instead starts playback of something random from my Music app. This apparently will never be fixed?
Not being able to listen to video from my locked phone without paying a bunch of money monthly is rubbish and just eats up battery life.
Also, when I swipe a video down and then go to close it, get rid of that stupid bounce animation that moves it if I had just liked a video. That animation makes me miss the X close button due to it moving around and getting bumped by other notifications. Make the other notifications come up above the video at the bottom and not move the playing video minimized strip, and make it instantly move to the bottom predictably so I don’t miss the close button and re-maximize it.
Good app but advertisement overload
I understand the need for advertisements but it’s to the point now that it’s negatively impacting my experience. Now that there’s two, back to back ads in every break it’s irritating how much I have to interact with the app just to finish watching the video. The more I use the app the worse the experience gets. I usually like to use the app while doing other things like cooking or cleaning. I mostly listen and don’t always have my phone in hand. In an 11 minute video with 6 ads, the middle break had a 30 second unskippable ad followed by a 2 minute ad that was skippable. Unless I am physically on my phone to return to the video that would be 2:30 minutes of ads just for 1 of 3 ad breaks in an 11 minute video. It’s overload.
I get that using the free version means you gets ads but it’s overshadowing the content. I don’t want to interact this much with something I’m watching. It’s not a game app. Guess I’ll just stick to watching it on the desktop with my ad blocker.
Otherwise, yeah YT is ok. They’re just getting into Pandora territory which is disappointing. Didn’t mind the ads until recently.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Google LLC
- 244.9 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2020 Google Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- YouTube Red $12.99
- YouTube Premium $15.99
- Movies & Shows $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.