Make watching your favorite videos easier with the YouTube app. Explore brand new content, music, news and more with the official YouTube app for iPhone and iPad.
Discover even more with the official YouTube app. Subscribe to channels with your favorite content, share them with friends or upload your very own videos for everyone to see.
Get more out of your video streaming app and discover even more with YouTube.
DISCOVER BRAND NEW CONTENT
- Browse YouTube’s personal recommendations on the home tab
- Watch the hottest videos, from music to viral sensations on the trending tab
- Like something? Tap like to save to your personal list or share with your friends!
- Find the videos of the latest hits!
- Watch fresh releases from popular and trending artists
LIVE STREAMS & MORE
- Get the latest news or watch your favorite popular live streams right on your device!
LEARN FROM THE BEST
- Practice and learn alongside the best online
- Watch videos and learn any skill you need
- Explore thousands of videos for makeup, DIY, tips and more!
CONNECT AND SHARE
- Let people know how you feel with likes, comments, or shares
- Directly share your friends favorite videos with your friends
- Make a playlist that saves your favorite videos
- See the latest from the creators you follow on the subscriptions tab
Download the official YouTube app and start watching your favorite videos today!
SUPPORT YOUR FAVORITE CREATORS WITH CHANNEL MEMBERSHIPS
- Support the channel you love with monthly recurring payments
- Stand out in comments and live chat with a loyalty badge next to your username
- Get access to exclusive perks from the channel
WITH YOUTUBE PREMIUM, GET YOUTUBE AD-FREE, OFFLINE, AND IN THE BACKGROUND.
- Watch the videos you love without ads!
- Play videos in the background, even when you open another app
- Download videos for when you're low on data or can't get online
If you subscribe via iTunes:
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the rate of the selected plan. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to Account Settings after purchase
Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription.
Monthly price: $15.99
YouTube paid service terms: https://www.youtube.com/t/terms_paidservice
Fixed what needed fixing and squished some bugs.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good app but...
So I love this app. I’m on here all the time. It’s got me through some tough times. I know that sounds cheesy but it’s true. Anyway, it’s kind of stupid how you can’t make the kind of content you want without getting a penalty. If the person in the video says a bad word it’s demonetized and I think that’s horrible. Maybe instead of that you could just flag the video so that kids know not to watch it. Or make a rating system so that parents can control the things their kids watch. Kind of like Netflix. But honestly bad words aren’t the end of the world. They would be in the pg13 section. Also I was fine with one ad per video but this is just annoying. Because you can only skip both ads if the first one is skippable. Also when does it end? Are y’all gonna keep going any maybe put in 3 ads? Maybe 4? Then we would be better off just watching regular tv I guess.
Good app, Terrible Flaws
It works at what it needs to do, playing videos and at a usually good quality might I add. However there are some major flaws that are infuriating to deal with. Recently there was an update that causes videos to enlarge to their originally recorded aspect ratio. On paper it is nice, but there is NO way to revert it to the old way of just having a consistent ratio and black bars on “square” videos. This causes numerous videos to enlarge to a 1:1 ratio that takes up the entire left side of the screen. This causes the description and comments to be impossible to navigate at all. If there was an option to change it back to how it used to be, this would be a minor issue thats easy to fix, but the option to revert this either isn’t clear or does not exist at all. After seeing this issue, I wanted to see which update it was that caused my issue, assuming it was the most recent one. But all I see is “Shiner bells and whistles!” Or “Fixed some bugs” and other things. But when they do not disclose what exactly these updates do, these statements seem extremely condescending. Overall, the app is sufficient, but greatly frustrating and troublesome to deal with at times.
Shouldn't the Top Comment be the one with the most thumbs up?
I'm loving the app and the new design to the comments are pretty good, though it will take some time to get used to. The only thing I have against it, still, was being able to view the Top Comments of a video versus the Newest Comments. The Newest Comments were easy to view and were up-to-date on the app, comments posted like "45 seconds ago" and "9 seconds ago" were cool to see. However, Top Comments were all over the place as the Top Comment (after pressing the Top Comments option three times) would result in a comment with several hundred likes, while a comment further down would have several thousand. Maybe that Top Comment (with the several hundred likes) was gaining "likes" rapidly that the app couldn't pick up, or maybe the Top Comments option needs more work.
I do not know, but it definitely would be a idea to go that way. It would give the app a cooler angle of getting people to view videos, kind of like Reddit's system of karma if you need more convincing.
- Google LLC
- 206.7 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2020 Google Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- YouTube Red $12.99
- YouTube Red $9.99
- YouTube Red $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.