The best loan calculator on the App Store!
"When you look at how extra payments reduce the months owed, you'll realize how fabulous this app is."
"This app is a must have for anyone who is car shopping, loan shopping or likes to stay on top of their credit."
"EVERYBODY should have this app. It is terrific!!!"
"This is exactly what I was looking for."
• Featured on Apple's "iPhone Your Life" website
• One of Mint.com's "10 iPhone Finance Apps that Count"
If you're looking to borrow money, organize your current loans, or start paying your loans off early, Loan Shark is the perfect app for you!
Loan Shark lets you calculate any type of loan and then analyze the principal versus interest over time.
Did you know that the average home pays nearly 50% interest? With Loan Shark, you can see this and more!
- Calculate any component of a loan, including payment, interest rate, or loan amount
- See the full Amortization Table for the loan's lifespan
- See the effect of making an extra payment per year
- Save loan figures for comparison shopping or examining different loan scenarios
- Uses your local currency (as set in the iPhone General preferences)
- Semi-annual interest for Canada and other countries
- Email your loan information and a CSV export of the amortization table
- Enter loans from different banks and save for later comparison
- Calculate how long it will take to pay off credit cards
- Determine how much in interest loans are costing you
- Track the progress of your mortgage
- Business loans, home loans, car loans, and more!
Feel free to contact us at our website (foggynoggin.com) with suggestions, comments, praise, or problems.
Updated format of shared loans.
Ratings and Reviews
Upgrade is a rip off
I PURCHASED this app a while ago an found it quite useful. I had several loan scenarios stored to model both home and auto loans. I went in to the app to do some what-if analysis and found that after the upgrade I have to PAY FOR the functionality I already Purchased??? Oh hell no! The developer should have released a separate version of the app if this is what they were going for. Leave us paying customers alone on an older version and let us choose to "upgrade" to the other version if we feel the features are worth it. Very unlikely I will ever do business with this developer again and will be sure to spread the word of this unscrupulous tactic!
Not so great company
The app design is great. It's very functional.
I'm downgrading to 1 star because the developer has abandoned this app. It's still 32-bit and no recent updates available.
Here is why I'm giving it a 2 star rating.
I purchased their app a long time ago and paid for the upgrade. The company released an update and forced me to repurchase the same upgrade as the previous version. I would have released a "Loan Shark 2" so customers know it's a different product with a new In App Purchase and fixed the bugs in 1.x to make it run in iOS 7/8.
Secondly, this app crashes a lot on my iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8.1.
Thirdly, they need to update UI to take advantage of the larger display.
Fourth, allow iCloud syncing so all my loans are on all my devices.
Great functionality delivered delightfully
This application has good functionality. It complements the beauty of iOS very nicely as well. The animations are smooth and delightful.
It's simple yet rather powerful in capability. Exact payoff dates are provided; there are useful amortization charts; principle and interest percentages are display in simple graphs; etc.
The app crashes occasionally and if that were fixed, it would be a five star app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.