Store your unique credential on a hardware-backed security key and take it wherever you go from mobile to desktop. No more storing sensitive secrets on your mobile phone, leaving your account vulnerable to takeovers. With the Yubico Authenticator you can raise the bar for security.
The Yubico Authenticator generates a one time code used to verify your identity as you’re logging into various services. No connectivity needed! This is based on Open Authentication (OATH) time-based TOTP and event-based HOTP one-time password codes.
Setting up the Yubico Authenticator desktop app is easy. Simply download and open the app, insert your YubiKey, and begin adding the accounts you wish to protect by using the QR code provided by each service.
Experience security the modern way with the Yubico Authenticator. Visit yubico.com to learn more about the YubiKey and security solutions for mobile.
Features on desktop include:
- Touch Authentication - Touch the YubiKey 5 Series security key to store your credential on the YubiKey
- Easy Setup - QR codes available from the services you wish to protect with strong authentication
- User Presence - New codes generated with just a touch of the YubiKey
- Compatible - Secure all the services currently compatible with other Authenticator apps
- Secure - Hardware-backed strong two-factor authentication with secret stored on the YubiKey, not on the desktop
- Versatile - Support for multiple work and personal accounts
- Portable - Get the same set of codes across our other Yubico Authenticator apps for desktops as well as for all leading mobile platforms
- Flexible - Support for time-based and counter-based code generation
- New app icon!
- Fix occasional crashes on startup
- Behaviour of the search bar is adjusted, it needs to have focus to begin searching the accounts.
- Fix keyboard shortcut to copy account code
- Show firmware version for YubiKey NEO correctly
- Fix issue with initial window positioning
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The app regularly segfaults on open or freezes after being open for a day. I love the hardware, but the software needs help.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, Our apologies for the issues with the app freezing and not operating properly. Have you had a chance to update to the latest version? If so, and you're still experiencing issues, our technical support team would like to troubleshoot with you to see what the issue might be. Here's how to get in touch with them: https://support.yubico.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Works fine and it updates automatically
I'm a bit surprised by the other users, but it works fine for storing and retrieving MFA time based tokens.
The only concern I have is when there's big macOS version upgrades, but I always hold off on those, but changes in security and APIs can cause this to stop functioning until this app is updated, which is something to consider if you prefer security over features.
But again, works good! Thanks!
I'm not usually one to write reviews
However, this app is so abysmal that I just had to. It is, without a doubt, one of the most frustrating apps I have ever used. 90% of the time, it is utterly useless, as it refuses to bring up my passcodes, even though the app itself states that my key is connected. Then, after repeatedly quiting and unplugging, it will miraculously work until the next time I have the audacity to remove my key or restart my computer. Absolute trash app, made worse by how crucial it is in my life. Do better, Yubico
Developer Response ,
Hi there, We apologize for the issues you're having with the app. Our support team would be happy to help troubleshoot. Here's how to get in touch with them: https://support.yubico.com/support/tickets/new
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Yubico Limited
- 44.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Yubico
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.