Yup provides students with access to expert math tutoring whenever they need it, right from their smartphone or tablet. Whether students need help with homework, studying, or additional enrichment, Yup tutors are available 24/7. The Yup app connects students and tutors instantly, so they can go from stuck to solution in under 60 seconds.
*How do students use Yup for math tutoring?*
- Snap a photo of a math problem
- Connect to a tutor right away
- Solve the problem together
Yup is backed by leaders in education like Stanford University’s StartX and Sesame Street’s fund Collab+Sesame. Yup has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, BBC News, and CBS.
*Plans and Pricing*
- We know that school schedules vary, so we offer the ability to customize plans to meet student needs—whether they need Yup for the whole year or a single semester
- Yup’s 2 week risk-free trial ensures you can try Yup for two weeks and receive a full refund if it’s not the best fit for your student
- Yup members can earn a $100 credit when they refer Yup to their friends and family, with referral codes shared after enrollment is complete
Visit enroll.yup.com/plans to learn more!
*What sets Yup apart from other math tutoring providers?*
Innovative Learning Platform
- Yup tutoring takes place on students’ smartphones and tablets, meeting them where they’re already comfortable
- Students and tutors communicate using familiar functionality like messaging and photo-sharing
- A live virtual whiteboard makes it easy for tutors to explain math concepts and show tutoring steps
*Exceptional Math Tutors*
- Yup tutors are current and former teachers, professional tutors, and graduate students with an average of 5 years math teaching experience
- All tutors must pass a rigorous math subject test and teaching exam
- Only 1% of applicants are accepted to become Yup tutors
*Support Without Limits*
- Yup tutoring is available for students 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Tutoring is unlimited, so students never have to worry about running out of time
- Yup tutors tailor each session to students’ individual learning needs
*Why Parents Choose Yup*
- Yup is a learning app, not a cheating app—tutors make sure students understand concepts versus simply giving away the answer
- Yup’s app-based, 24/7 availability means there’s no more making appointments or driving to tutoring centers
- Yup helps students boost their grades, confidence, and overall math understanding
*Subjects Covered by Yup*
- Early Math
- Calculus AB
Yup recognizes that some schools have different naming conventions for math classes. Yup tutors also cover Integrated Math (Math 1, Math 2, Math 3) and all K-12 grade Common Core math. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that Yup covers your student’s math!
This latest version of Yup’s math tutoring app includes exciting updates and improvements to features, design, and app function! A few highlights:
- Test Drive Yup: No homework? No problem. This feature allows students to have a practice tutoring session with a Yup tutor whenever they need.
- Ease of purchase: Yup plans can now be purchased right from the app, so students can get access to tutoring faster than ever before.
- A new look: Updated designs ensure that using Yup is intuitive and delightful for students.
- Speed: Code optimization for faster app performance.
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t say enough good things about this program! Yup has completely turned our daughter’s math experience around. She went from a stressed out, struggling math student to full confidence and an A grade on her final exam in a matter of weeks!
The platform is perfect for her and the tutors are very positive, thorough, and confidence-boosting! They take time to make sure she understands the concepts behind the problems in a way that is very supportive and encouraging so she feels proud of what she does know instead of embarrassed by what she doesn’t. The app is very easy to use and the availability of the tutors is also a key factor - the ability to instantly receive support as needed reduces the frustration time immensely!
As a parent it is a joy to work with Yup as well. From my initial contact with Thurain, who was very informative and helpful, to Marina who provides ongoing support throughout our journey, and all the tutors who keep a smile on my daughter’s face as she works through her homework. With Yup, you have a whole team of support!
Developer Response ,
Hi there Yup Parent! Wow, thank you so much for the kind words and for rating us 5 stars :) We are so happy to hear that your daughter has gotten so much out of Yup - this is so so important to us. It's also such a credit to her hard work as well. We are also so happy to hear that you've had a good experience with our team as well, everyone here at Yup is committed to making the experience a positive one for all of our families. Please let us know at email@example.com if you ever have any feedback or suggestions on how we can make Yup even better for you! :)
Taken advantage of
My daughter had 4 algebra two problems that she needed tutoring help with. The First tutor we had, despite my daughter having the correct answer, kept asking her to explain it - making my daughter feel as if the answer was wrong. This went on past our free trial. He went on for 15 minutes making her explain it and when she stated the answer she had 15 min earlier, he said it was correct. It was completely unnecessary to have her explain it when she knew the answer. He made it appear that she had the wrong answer during that 15 minute time period. I disconnected from that tutor. I Reconnected with another tutor to help her with one question however on the second question she disconnected from us because I believe she did not understand how to do the equation. I can hear and got the same tutor and she disconnected. This is completely unacceptable especially since were paying for it. My daughter is a visual learner and the third tutor would not write out the equation for her to understand, but kept asking her in written form to explain it. Kept saying could you please write up equation so I can understand it and she would not do so. It appears the tutors do not know how to help the students in their learning styles. I would not waste your money on this. I would get a one on one tutor face-to-face - it will save you money in the long run. Run from this app!!!
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for sharing! We are confident that this sort of experience is not typical, as are many of our customers who have left us hundreds of positive reviews. We have provided a full refund in line with our satisfaction guarantee.
This review is from 5 months ago. Since then, we have made sweeping improvements to our service. We have policies in place to ensure tutors never waste students' time. Tutors don't leave sessions because they don't know how to do the problem - in rare cases there are connection issues. Our disconnect rate is now <1%. Our enhanced whiteboard tool, along with policies to ensure visual elements are used whenever appropriate, ensures visual learners have a great experience.
Yup has been featured in Apple's Education App Store and has had a 4+ star rating for 3 years! Thanks so much for reading.
I am currently a freshman and am in Advanced Geometry. Before Yup, I struggled to understand the concepts being taught and it was difficult to find time to have my teacher explain. With this app, the explanations are clear and quick. The instructors are wonderful and convey such a positive attitude and great teaching style. I am sorry for the other reviewers that have had negative experiences, because when I have used this app I have had nothing but good results. Tutors were found in usually less than a minute, they were encouraging, the explanations were precise and to the point, and they truly took time to make sure the students understand what they are asking about. I would highly recommend this app to anyone that is struggling.
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Wow! Thank you so much for the kind words. We are so glad that you've had great experiences with Yup and with our tutors! Happy to hear that your tutors have had positive attitudes and have really helped you understand difficult concepts. Thanks so much for rating us 5 stars :) Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org if you ever have any feedback or suggestions on how we can make Yup even better for you! Happy yupping!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.