Yuzu eReader 4+
Barnes & Noble College
Yuzu is a learning platform that lets you read and interact with digital content from the convenience of your iPad or iPhone.
BENEFITS OF eTEXTBOOKS ON YUZU
Interactive Learning - eTextbooks can include videos and other multimedia content and links to related websites, to make the learning experience richer and more engaging.
Travel Lighter - Replace multiple textbooks with one app where you can access your course materials from a single, beautifully organized interface.
Read On-the-Go - With course materials always at your fingertips, you can read and study wherever you are. Highlights, notes, and bookmarks automatically sync across all of your devices.
Study Smarter - You can highlight and add notes to your eTextbooks. Plus, you can easily adjust the layout, font size, and zoom to make reading easier.
Simple Navigation - Search keywords, phrases, and figures throughout all of your digital content. Quickly jump to a location by typing a page number.
* Create highlights, notes, and bookmarks. Your changes are automatically saved and made available to all of your apps.
* Search for keywords, phrases, or figures.
* Navigate using the Table of Contents.
* Jump to a location by page number.
• Listen to your books and learn on the go with Read Aloud.
* Zoom fixed format content or adjust the layout and fonts with reflowable content.
* Download your digital content for later reading and adding notes while offline.
• Adds the ability to zoom figures in an EPUB.
• Improves notes syncing behavior to prevent data loss if there is an error in syncing.
• Expands the table of contents an additional level to make it easier to find your content in books that have deeply nested table of contents.
• Adds image viewer support for SVG images in the flashcards and search panel.
• Other miscellaneous bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Fairly decent e-reader with the ability to listen to the text included. However, there are some opportunities available that would make this a fantastic app…
The voice reading the app is very robotic making comprehension more challenging… To the point that it’s not worth using that feature.
The most problematic feature of all is the inability to use your Apple Pencil to jot notes in the margins.
Lastly, some books get imported as a PDF instead of a typical book so swiping to the next page actually moves you to the next section or chapter.
Other than those opportunities, this really is a rather decent app.
Horrible Support Terrible App
I had to use this app because it was the only option to purchase the e-book through my college bookstore Barnes & Noble. The app worked for a couple of days and then I got an error message and it logged me out and will not allow me to log back in. I get a small message in the upper left hand corner that just same error. I can log into the app on my iPad but need it on my iPhone for the audio. Called customer service and was on hold and three times it told me to press one to leave a message but it did not wait to see if I pressed one it forced me to voicemail where my call would be returned within one business day. On the fourth call I finally got a person who’s only solution was to delete the app and download it again which I had already done. So the only option because they do not have any tech support is to escalate to a Supervisor to see if they have any other ideas and they will be back in touch with me within one business day. For an app that provides college books for students there should be better support. I am loosing valuable reading time in a short summer semester. If you can get your ebook another way do it, avoid this app anyway you can!
BAD APP, BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE
I purchased 3 books for yuzu. After receiving email confirmations that I had access to the books, I checked and only had access to 1 book. I attempted to contact customer service by phone and email. No one ever answered the phone and there is no option to leave a VM. I sent an emaiI and received a confirmation email, but no other follow up emails. After that I couldn't even login. I attempted to call again-no answer and sent 2 more emails but no response. To their credit they did resolve the issue but it took a week. I didn't have books for my first class, but got them eventually. Now that I have been using the app. It is horrible. It freezes up constantly. I use the app on my iPhone 6 and I use the website on my surface pro 4. It doesn't function well on either one.
Follow up 1 year later. Just to make this app worse. When you purchase an ebook. You don’t actually purchase it for an extended amount of time. You only get the book for 1 year. Look at the fine print. It should say you can rent the book for a semester or for a year because those are the options. You don’t actually purchase the book.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Barnes & Noble College Booksellers LLC
- 181.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- ©2022 Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC. All rights reserved. Yuzu and the Yuzu logo are trademarks of Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC or its affiliates.