Zipped solves all of your ZIP file needs on iOS. Whether you need to unzip a file from Safari, or create a ZIP on iOS, Zipped has you covered. Zipped Includes:
• Advanced support for Drag & Drop on iPad — Drop a ZIP file to UNZIP, or Drag in any number of files to create a ZIP.
• Ability to Share your ZIP file or UNZIPPED files, or SAVE them to Files.
• Customizable Settings — Choose whether you would like to manually name ZIP files, or have Zipped automatically generate a name for you! Decide if you would like to unzip your ZIP file into a folder, or output simply the files themselves!
• Unarchive a ZIP into a file browser, preview your files, and selectively share or save them.
• Unarchive or Archive ZIP encrypted with a password.
• Open ZIP files from anywhere in iOS in Zipped through the 'Open In' sheet.
Zipped currently supports the following file types, with more to come: .zip, .png, .jpg, .html, .pages, .docx, .pdf, .numbers, .xlsx, .pptx, .rtf, .txt, .mp4, .mov, .aiff, .mp3, .wav, .psd, .caf, .md, .csv, .json, .js
+ Added support for 2018 iPad Pros
+ Fixed support for big files.
If you like Zipped, give us a rating, or send us feedback!
Ratings and Reviews
For a buck, does one crucial function, and does it (seemingly) pretty well. Lacks many options and is nothing like 7Zip. WinZip, The Unarchiver, or other desktop OS class ZIP programs, but it lets you easily zip files in iOS since the boneheads at Apple didn’t seem to think it was important to build that into the system. Anyway, I just used it a couple times but it seems to work just fine. Did I mention it’s a buck?
Developer Response ,
Hey there, thanks for using Zipped!
We'd love to hear your feedback and ideas for improving the app and see how they fit with our future plans.
Shoot us an email: email@example.com
Doesn’t do anything
Seems like a totally useless app. I just bought it a few minutes ago to zip a 45 minute video I made on my iPad. When I opened the app and tapped on the box to get to my file, it only showed iMovie and Keynote options (no possibility to reach Photo Library). I went online and learned how to drag my file to Zipped, and did so. However, absolutely nothing happened after this. There wasn’t even an error showing success or failure.
It could be something obvious that I’m not getting, but I don’t think so. And even if it is my fault, at the very least they could let me know SOMETHING about what’s going on. It was like trying to have a conversation with a big, dumb rock.
This app works great for me. It is very easy to use and has worked on everything I have tried so far. I love this on my iPad. I am looking forward to checking out some of the other apps created by this developer.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.