THIS IS A COMPANION APP, TO BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE ZOMBICIDE: BLACK PLAGUE BOARDGAME BY GUILLOTINE GAMES.
Zombicide: Black Plague is a standalone cooperative boardgame for 1 to 6 players that brings the relentless zombie-killing action of Zombicide into a brand new fantasy setting! Players control a party of survivors as they fight to rid the land of an invasion of zombies controlled by the game itself. Survivors find weapons, learn spells, battle zombies, and gain experience. The more experienced they get, the more powerful they become, but the more zombies rise to face them!
The Zombicide: Black Plague Companion App serves as a digital replacement for the Survivor Dashboards used in the boardgame to keep track of each character’s equipment inventory, experience and skills. And the app goes beyond that, offering players some cool extra aids as well.
– Features –
• A virtual deck of equipment cards allows you to easily control your survivors' inventory, switching cards around with a flick of the wrist and no fear of cards slipping around.
• You can also let the app control the Zombie spawning deck, for an even easier time!
• As you gain experience and new Danger Levels, your new Skill options are automatically displayed, and the app incorporates any pertinent new game effects.
• Having a hard time keeping track of your actions as you gain new free ones? With the Action Bar, you can tick off each specific action as you take it, so you always know what actions you have left.
• Roll virtual dice for any of your equipped weapons, automatically calculating successful hits according to any combat skills you may have (and with sound effects to boot!)
• Choose any of the Survivor characters, including the promos. Up to 24 Survivors can be managed on the same device.
• Network capabilities! Each player can use their own device if preferred, and the app will maintain the whole game-state gracefully!
All the Green Horde content is now available in the app!
Ratings and Reviews
Great opening, need UX polish
Love this aid! Withholding a star for the UX gaps that frustrated this veteran player:
Zombie turn is next to absent. I found that it simply wasn’t at all managed. Understandably, it’s a displaced experience as the game is taking place “off camera” if you will. However, it should be a guided mode in-app, not simply a marque wiping across the screen. Pause and present Attacks with the heroes arrayed for resolution selection. Done, advance to Move. Done, advance to Zombie Deck. Done, advance to next player turns.
Equipment and Zombie decks should have visible discard piles to provide some indication of progress though the deck, and the last ten, five, or three cards slightly “open” or “fanned” to visualized the end of the deck is approaching. Borrow ideas from Forgotten Island or any solitaire game on the app store.
Trade should have a drop icon to open the hero/player drawer.
Defence or Armor rolls felt unpolished, but maybe just needs an introduction screen somewhere.
Well done still! I’ll be bringing this to games a lot! Looking forward to improvements!
Amazing app! They need these for their other games!
I really love this app. It makes the game run smoothly when you don’t have to shuffle all the cards or fiddle with all the dashboard organization. The game app takes care of it all for you. Leaving much more space on the table for zombies and other miniatures. Being able to join multiple apps together is brilliant and very easy to do. I would love to see them develop apps like this for other games, especially Massive Darkness! (OMG please!!) Are there improvements that could be made? Sure. And hopefully they’ll continue to update this app going forward. I’d love to be able to fine tune what expansions are in play (more so than it is now), but that’s a minor thing. A+++ on this one CMON (and whoever developed this app).
We LOVE the companion app. It makes the game run much smoother and quicker. The card draws for equipment and zombies are nice too, helps with more random draws if you shuffle bad.
The instructions need to be update, we had no idea you could do rolls from each weapon, nor the armor and door bust rolls. The weapon rolls are really helpful when you have a high level character with a bunch of skills that add to dice rolls and what not - it auto calculates everything and lets you know if you hit or not.
One other thing I wish the app had was colors for your miniatures. If you're playing with more than one character, without the color pegs it can get confusing who is who on the board.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- CMON Pte Ltd
- 1.2 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 CMON PTE. LTD.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.