Plan Your Entire Wedding With Apps
Congratulations, you’re engaged! Now what?
Generally speaking, couples plan their weddings at least a year in advance. This allows enough time to find an open date at your dream venue, get your friends and family on board, and order that custom dress or suit you’ve had your eye on. Here’s a handy timeline to help you get organized so you can start checking things off your “I do” list.
Before you start: Have the money talk and set a budget
‣ Will you have a lavish garden ceremony or an intimate one at city hall? If you and your partner haven’t discussed finances, now’s the time to air everything from credit card debt to student loans. Honeydue helps couples get a handle on their combined assets and liabilities, even if every account is separate. Use the app to determine how much wedding you can actually afford.
Honeydue: Couples Finance
Manage your money together
12 months: Pin down your aesthetic and research vendors
‣ Planning is all about figuring out how and where you want to spend your hard-earned dough. Use Pinterest to get your creative juices flowing, The Knot to explore a vast library of venues, and Instagram to discover the visual portfolios of vendors in your area—think florists, photographers, makeup artists, and calligraphers. By making a few key decisions early on, the big pieces will begin to fall into place.
6 months: Send save-the-dates and style your ’maids
‣ It’s time to get the event locked on everyone’s calendars, and sending save-the-dates with Paperless Post helps you manage your guest list digitally. Use Zola to establish your website and start your registry. You can also add items from the Zola store and from any other website allowing you to keep everything in one place, including cash funds.
If you have bridesmaids, use Rent the Runway for their dresses. Pick a color or palette that suits your style and let them choose the look. Renting a dress will often cost less and fit their style more than traditional gowns. Turn to Etsy for unique accessories including personalized items and vintage treasures such as embroidered handkerchiefs and jewelry.
3 months: Make over the men and deliver on the details
‣ If you have groomsmen, skip the musty rental tux and get something custom-tailored. MTailor uses your iPhone camera to find your perfect fit. Bespoke suits arrive in about four weeks and cost around $500 for something you can wear again and again. Use Bow Tie App to create custom coordinating neckwear.
For paper details, Artifact Uprising can help you create a photo book to use as your guest book while Fiverr can find you freelance help for say, a designer to create illustrated escort cards or a welcome banner for your guests.
Happily ever after
‣ Amidst all the planning, it’s sometimes hard to remember that the wedding is only the beginning of the marriage. To continue to learn and grow with your partner, take a look at Lasting, an app for marriage counseling that covers topics ranging from money and family culture to communication and conflict. The app helps you build knowledge and healthy habits that will last a lifetime.