Keep in Touch With Your Loved Ones
Tap for 5 apps to stay connected with faraway family.
Want to brighten your grandparents’ day? Mail them a letter or a handful of photos. It’ll take you less than five minutes with the help of the apps below—but the thoughtful gesture will stay with them for much longer.
‣ Postagram turns your iPhone or iPad photos into 4-by-6-inch mailers printed on thick card stock—and sends them anywhere in the world. Postcard designs, which include space for you to type a short message, change seasonally, and the photo itself can be popped out of the mailer as a 3-by-3-inch keepsake.
Postagram: Photo Postcards
Birthday & Thank You Postcards
‣ If you prefer to send a more formal photo card complete with an envelope, try Ink Cards. The app has 20-plus categories (birthdays, thank-you, sympathy), including one for grandparents. Choose from the nearly 50 artsy designs.
Ink Cards: Send Custom Cards
Birthday & Thank You Cards
‣ Want to send a batch of photos on a regular basis? That’s where FreePrints comes in: The app will mail up to 85 4-by-6 prints per month—and all you pay is the nominal shipping fee. Give the app access to your photos or social media accounts and select the pictures you’d like to print. Crop your image, pick a print size and paper type (matte or glossy), and choose a recipient from your Address Book.
FreePrints – Photos Delivered
Print Photos – Fast & Free!
‣ Print Studio is the app to turn to for framed prints—perhaps special-occasion snaps of a wedding or family vacation. Frame sizes range from 4-by-4 to 16-by-20 and come in a variety of woods and styles. You’ll also find other fun printable products, like photo strips, magnets, buttons, and stickers.
Print Your Heart Out
‣ But what if you want to send a handwritten message? Felt lets you do just that. Pick a photo for the front of your greeting card; for the flip side, use your finger to pen a note in your own hand.