YNAB—Budget, Personal Finance, Expense Tracker
YNAB will help you break the paycheck to paycheck cycle, get out of debt, and save more money. On average, new users save $600 in the first two months, and more than $6,000 in the first year. Try it free for 30 days.
Bank Synching—Easily connect all your accounts in one place.
On the Go— Realtime access to all your data makes it simple to share finances with a partner.
Debt Paydown—The tools and teaching you need to help you get out of debt for good.
Goal Tracking—Set and track goals to reach them faster.
Reporting—Detailed, visual spending and trend reports help you measure progress and improve.
Personal Support—Our friendly support team is available around the clock via email, live chat in the app, and offer 100+ free, live workshops every week.
“YNAB is the first budgeting app I’ve ever used, stuck with, and that has made sense. Absolutely love it!” -- @brennandunn
“I never, ever, ever thought I’d see this, and yet here it is: CREDIT CARD BEAST DEFEATED! Props to @YNAB which helped me get it done!” -- @taber
“3 years ago I started with YNAB, the goal was paying off all my debt. With YNAB, I was able to double the goal! Bye, financial stress!” -- @HancinGaming
“I just don’t know what I’d do without YNAB. I’ve never been so financially aware in my life.” -- @janejoneslives
“I’ve been using YNAB for over 2 years, and in 23 days my fiance and I will be paying for our wedding without any loans because of YNAB. Thank you!” -- @Thai_Jonny
You’ve Never Budgeted Like This Before
YNAB is unlike any personal finance app, expense tracker, or money management system you’ve tried before—because it works. The powerful combination of award-winning apps and a proven method—YNAB’s Four Rules—has changed the lives of hundreds of thousands of people by teaching them to get control of their finances, stop stressing, and live the life they want to live.
A Proven Method—YNAB’s Four Rules
Rule One: Give Every Dollar A Job | Be intentional about what you want your money to do before you spend it.
Rule Two: Embrace Your True Expenses | Break up larger, less frequent expenses into smaller, manageable amounts. By saving monthly for insurance premiums, holidays, or car repairs, when the time comes, your money is ready and waiting to do its job.
Rule Three: Roll With The Punches | When life changes, so must your budget. Make adjustments and move along. Flexible budgets succeed because they’re guilt-free, realistic, and sustainable.
Rule Four: Age Your Money | As you repeat the first three rules, you’ll increase the time between earning a dollar and the moment you need to spend it. When your money is at least a month old, you’ll have finally broken the paycheck to paycheck cycle for good.
Free for 30 Days, Then an Annual Subscription
- YNAB is a one-year auto-renewable subscription, billed annually.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a
subscription to that publication, where applicable.
You know how the old saying goes: the darker the mode, the sweeter the budgeting. That's totally not a thing anyone has ever said, but perhaps it will be? With this release, we've gone dark. Yep. We added Dark Mode to your favorite budgeting app. Some of you might be wondering if it will still be as satisfying to move money and crush debt in the dark...we think it will be! Don't be afraid of the dark! Give YNAB's new Dark Mode a try! And when you're ready to turn the light back on, check out some of the other bug fixes and improvements that we've made in this release:
• Dark Mode - I can't stress enough how deliciously dark YNAB is now. It's at least 100% darker than our normal mode.
• iOS 13 Context Menus - We've taken advantage of this helpful, new iOS 13 feature. Now you can do literally dozens of contextually appropriate actions in the budget view, account view and transaction lists. These menus will save you time by doing all sorts of things like pre-populating the appropriate category when adding transaction or giving you the ability to add or edit goals in the contextually appropriate category.
• We fixed a budget reorder issue...well, actually it was two issues. When reordering the top budget group in a budget table, the other budget views would get pushed all the way down. Even worse than that, though, was if you only had two budget groups, the reordering would appear to work, but upon refreshing the table, it would revert back to the order it was in. We fixed these issues and order (or reorder) has been restored to the universe...er, your budget.
• In iOS 13, there was a cursor issue when YNABers were going in to edit a budget category. You would have to delete the category name in order to get the cursor to move from the beginning of the text field. We went ahead and fixed that, so that should be an improvement upon a cursory reassessment of your budget categories...is that what 'cursory' means?
• We recently added the search feature to our iOS app, and it's pretty great. But also, there was a small issue...when users were tapping the "Cancel" button to cancel their search, the "Cancel" button wasn't going away. It was overstaying its welcome. Well, "Cancel" button, I hate to tell you this, but after you've been tapped, that's really all that we need from you. You're great. We love what you do, but when you cancel something, you really just need to go away until we need you again. Oh, also, we didn't just tell the "Cancel" button to go away. We actually fixed the issue.
• We were able to fix an issue where the bottom tab bar would disappear in some cases when YNABers were moving money or editing transactions. We've got to give a huge shout out to our new mobile developer, Itai, on a lot of these fixes. He came into a world where we've got buttons not disappearing when they should and tab bars disappearing when they shouldn't and he totally wrangled these disappearing/reappearing problem children and put them back in line. Thanks, Itai!
- You Need A Budget LLC
- 64 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2019 YouNeedABudget.com
- In-App Purchases
- YNAB Subscription USD 11.99
- YNAB Subscription USD 83.99
- YNAB Subscription USD 83.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.