iStudio Publisher 1.4.1 contains a host of new features, productivity boosters, improvements and fixes. Here are some highlights:
• Corner Inspector
Add corner styles to any shape vertex (where two straight lines meet), and create a huge range of inspiring shapes with ease. Choose from: radius, scoop, chamfer, notch, and several loop designs. Adjust corner size, smoothing, apply to vertices of any angle, and select which angle ranges to include. Corners retain their proportions as shapes are modified. Several Shape Library designs have been reimplemented and significantly improved by using these new corner capabilities.
• Info Bar, with comprehensive contextual help and keyboard shortcuts
Discover contextual keyboard shortcuts as you work, to supercharge the Toolkit and Shape Library without having to refer to the help pages! A huge productivity booster.
• Keystroke constraints for sizing and positioning shapes
All shape tools and drawing tools have been enhanced with keystroke constraints, to provide proportional resize, resize straight line segments along their own axis, resize about the center, ignore snap grid, constrain rotation angle to 5 degrees, and rotate about opposite corner. The new context-sensitive Info Bar identifies all available options.
• Context-sensitive popups, showing shape size, position, angle and snapping constraints
Displayed when drawing, dragging, rotating and editing shapes.
• Visual drawing aids added to shapes during creation and editing
Includes a global bounding box, diagonal cross, center point, and protractor (during angle adjustment).
• 'Sticky' drawing tools and library shapes
The Caps Lock key now persists the selection of all drawing tools and library shapes - select once and draw many.
• Highlighting shapes when dragging a selection rectangle
Provides invaluable visual feedback of what will be selected. Use the Shift key to include partially enclosed shapes. Another productivity booster.
• Align, distribute and snap all take the new corner styles into account
• Duplicate selected shape(s) by dragging with the Alt key held down
• Align single shapes
Single shapes can now be aligned to the page center or page edges. When spread editing, the nearest page is used.
• Keyboard modifiers for nudging shapes with keyboard arrow keys
• Export any document as a PDF file with reader spreads
Reader spreads display a document as it appears when assembled as a booklet or magazine: first page on its own followed by facing pages side-by-side.
• Pinch to zoom when using a trackpad
• Maximum font size increased from 576 pt to 9999 pt and more standard font sizes added
iStudio Publisher can be used to create very large posters without the need to scale the final exported PDF.
• UI precision of mm and degrees increased to two decimal places
• Combined Zoom Tool replaces separate tools for zooming in and out
• View zoom range increased (1%-10,000%)
• When inserting, pasting or dropping PDF-based content onto an empty area, add it at full-size
Ideal for filling out PDF forms and for adding PDFs requiring annotation.
• Tabbing round selected shapes shifts the view to bring out-of-view shapes into view
• Image Tool makes any image movable by double clicking on it, regardless of fit/align settings
• Stroke width included when hit testing shapes for text addition/editing
Provides selection consistency between different tools and selection activities.
• Dragging in of external text and images improved to make the target tool/selection consistent.
• New document windows are now wider and positioned at the screen center
• Pages/spreads centered when adding, duplicating, moving, removing, or navigating between
• Font loading when iStudio starts up now occurs as a background activity
Provides significant load speed improvements for large numbers of user-installed fonts.
For the full list of new features, improvements and fixes, see the Release Notes in iStudio Publisher’s help pages.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.