SET-CLASS FINDER is useful for:
- Students studying atonal or post-tonal music
- Composers, theorists, musicologists
- Teachers of music theory or composition
Set-Class Finder is a flexible tool that calculates any musical set from 0 to 12 different pitch classes, providing the following properties of the input set:
- Normal Form (Normal Order)
- Forte name with TnI transformation information
- Interval-Class Vector
- Prime form (both Forte and Morris/Rahn versions)
- M/MI-related set-class
- buttons to flip set to its complement and inversion, showing all of the above information.
The set can be entered by typing it in (using 0-9, t/e or A/B for ten/eleven), or can be entered by tapping on the appropriate pitch-classes in the circle.
Updated for new iOS and added inversion button to invert (sum 0) (thanks, Andrew, for the suggestion!). Complete redesign of the GUI as well as new features coming in 2020.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.