Dishtag: only for foodies 12+
Up your food photography game
Designed for iPad
A social food experience app for a new generation of foodies: one that eats with their eyes.
• Search for a restaurant using our unique dish search tool
• Snap a food photo with our cool camera
• Share food photos with friends and celebrate your fave food experiences
Food search: how it works
Be inspired by a feed of professional food photos with gorgeous full screen dish images. View dish details and prices.
Follow foodie friends and get inspired by the dining experiences of your circle
Discover popular restaurants, new restaurants and restaurants near you using a visual search. Search by dish, cuisine, ingredient or restaurant name. Cantonese food. Italian food. Vegan food. Vegetarian food. Healthy food. Thai food. Hip food. Sustainable food. Only the restaurants with inspiring photos of their dishes make it to Dishtag.
Book a table for free via our reservation partners Quandoo and Chope.
Food camera: what makes us different
Snap a dish photo with our cool composition camera built by foodies for foodies. Top shot, angle shot and side shot. We got the guideline for you.
Our composition camera has been designed by food photography professionals. We believe anyone can take great food photos, even with their mobile phone. Our composition guidelines help you up your food photography game.
How can I take better photos
Follow the 3 pillars: light, composition, angle
1. Light: natural light is always the safer option so choose a table near the window! If natural light is not an option, there are a few tricks you can use to improve your food photos. Cover restaurant spotlights with a menu or a board and use your friend’s phone torch.
2. Composition: the main goal is balancing the composition. Consider visual weight and basic colour theory. For best results aim for complementary colours (e.g. red & green) or contrast (e.g. black/dark & white/light).
3. Angle: Think layers! Choosing the angle based on the type of food you’re photographing is key. To choose optimal angles for our food we need to think what is the most interesting part of our subject. This is where our guidelines can help.
Now you have taken the perfect shot, tag the dish, tag restaurants and tag friends
Food social: building your own foodie community Comment, like and share dishtagged photos with your social food network. We don’t want you to review bad restaurants. We want you to capture, celebrate and share your favourite foodie experiences.
Try it now, download for free.
Dishtag: a visual platform inspiring foodies.
Improved system stability and reliability
Ratings and Reviews
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dishtag Limited
- 63.8 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Copyright © 2019 by Dishtag.