Scribe Origins is designed to help students rapidly learn the thousands of kanji/hanzi characters required for reading & writing Asian languages.
Studying Japanese Kanji or Chinese Hanzi characters?
Scribe Origins is designed to help students rapidly learn the thousands of kanji/hanzi characters required for reading & writing Asian languages. To make learning as fast as possible, we've developed several games to help practice the characters you are currently learning. Using a unified, inbuilt spaced-repetition system, whichever game you are playing will use the same characters you are currently studying, & remember your progress in them as a single study deck.
Writing always comes FIRST in learning a language, as it allows your brain to specifically link word sounds, word meanings, & their written form together. Whereas learning to speak Japanese or speak Chinese before learning writing means your brain will learn one set of links, then needs to unlearn them & re-learn them, which is why most language students take 3 years to learn a language. To study Japanese & study Chinese efficiently & effectively, the character writing system is foundational.
- Primitive radicals for 4,800 kanji + hanzi characters (e.g. 親 (parent) is made of 見, 立, 木).
- 6 kanji + hanzi language sets: JLPT, JOYO, HSK, TOCFL, Taiwan School System, Hong Kong School System character sets. Covering all major Japanese writing & Chinese writing systems.
- 7 kanji games: Kanji Flashcards, Kanji Multiple Choice, Kanji Scrabble, Kanji Tiles, Kanji Matchup, Kanji Blockfall Keywords, Kanji Blockfall Primitives.
- Unified keywords across all kanji + hanzi character sets, based as closely to the original meaning as possible (and you can download customised lists too!)
- Spaced-Repetition System that.. is simply incredible. When you get down into the deeper levels with thous&s of characters to remember, you'll be amazed at how accurately the right character comes along.
- Similar character, character usage, Japanese dictionary + Chinese dictionary of common words all included per card.
Even if you don't think you'll learn writing, being able to read is an IMPERATIVE SKILL to easily understand the language.
The first level of all languages is free. Further levels can either be purchased once-off or subscribed to.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, & identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user & auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms & conditions: https://scribeorigins.com/disclaimer.html
Long overdue update. Many minor bug fixes.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Guiix Pty Ltd
- 25.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Guiix
- In-App Purchases
- Add *Everything* 429.000đ
- All-Access Subscription 39.000đ
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.