AutoTrader.co.za - South Africa’s No. 1 automotive website - brings you an easy and convenient way to search for new and used cars, bakkies, SUV’s, bikes, boats, caravans, trucks & commercial vehicles from your iPhone or iPad with the same rich browsing experience you have come to enjoy from our website.
The application gives you access to all the vehicles listed on AutoTrader.co.za. Search over 80 000 vehicles for sale with the convenience of narrowing down your search by price, make, model, variant and location. The application also has an advanced search function.
Once you have selected your vehicle it is easy to make contact with the seller. Call or email the seller directly from the app, visit their website or simply use the map functionality to get directions to their location or showroom.
• Fast and easy search by vehicle make, model and variant.
• Advanced search.
• Call or email the seller directly from the application.
• View the seller’s location and use the map functionality for directions.
• Easily search for specific dealers by location or vehicle make and model.
The latest version contains bug fixes and performance improvements.
Your feedback is important to us. Please email us at email@example.com with feedback and suggestions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Why does Autotrader allow dealers to advertise vehicles without submitting a price? This is the single most important variable to a potential buyer and the information is with-held, so now to do proper research you still spend hours on the phone trying to get a price or waiting for a salesman to get back to you. This should be a mandatory field for advertisers
Rather Use the Website
Type a car’s name into the name field and the app will correct it to an English word instead, because the developers think that all model names are in the dictionary and added spell check to the field.
Try to change the sort order of cars from low to high, and the app will apply it, but only for one page. As soon as you scroll to a second page the entire order will revert (high to low) and you’ll be frustrated. Then, when you change it back, you’ll be placed on the first page again. It’s nearly impossible to search for cars at the low end of your price range because of this, so you’re better off just scrolling all the way to the last page in the original order to find them.
You may want to search for all the cars in your price range and see them In order, but because the brand sell “premium listings” you can only see these first, meaning that the most relevant results (in standard listings) could be several pages down in your search. Clearly Autotrader value advertiser revenue over customer experience here, and haven’t realised that without satisfied users there’d be no advertiser revenue.
Becoming Consistently WORSE
This app used to be great for filtering and browsing through vehicles for sale, but now has become extremely frustrating. Here are the most pressing issues:
1. Sorting: the sorting criteria resets every time you continue to the next page of your search results. If your search yields a great number of pages of results, it’s almost impossible to browse all of them.
2. Promoted, Premium & Standard Categories: by separating adverts into these categories, it makes it difficult for a user to search. Apart from making it frustrating for someone to search through ads, it shows that Autotrader is more interested in making profits than adding value to their users.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.