The BBC News brings you the latest, breaking news from our trusted global network of journalists.
Personalise your news offering with My News
Add topics wherever you see the + icon for a quick route straight to the stories you care about.
Stories from topics you add will appear in your personalised My News feed. Here you can order stories by topic or time, and use the Manage Topics screen to stay on top of the news of the day.
You can also switch the My News by Topic screen to a more traditional carousel view from the Settings screen.
Find content fast
The app can suggest topics based on stories you’ve recently viewed and what’s in the news now.
And you can quickly find topics that interest you using the Topic Search. Choose from the familiar list of BBC News indexes such as Business, Technology, Entertainment and Health, or search for your own subjects of interest, whether they’re people, places, things or themes.
More of the news you care about
We now offer a fuller selection of stories from the newsroom, including:
- Most Read and Most Watched. Keep on top of popular stories across the BBC, regularly updated throughout the day
- Live BBC World Service Radio. Expertise and insight from our journalists available 24-hours a day and ready to listen to in the background as you browse
- Read the best journalism from BBC correspondents
- Access to our full range of video and audio
- Photo galleries and full-screen images
- Push notifications for important news stories
- Video over cellular and wifi
- Improved offline experience. Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them at your leisure
- Viewing modes. On iPhone see more stories per index by choosing ‘Compact layout’ from the Settings screen
- Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
- Share stories to your social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
- Support for dynamic text. The app will respect the font size in your device settings so you can increase or decrease the story text size as suits your preference
- Related stories, related topics. Go deeper into a storyline with suggestions for further reading and viewing and a range of topics related to each story
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by Airship on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications from BBC News in your device’s ‘Notifications’ screen.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed.
We aim to release regular improvements to the BBC News app. Recently we've been working on enhancing some fundamental elements of the app, which should help us to add some exciting features in the future.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Obtrusive advertising style
Really like this app and have done for years but I find its advertising style to be increasingly intrusive. Time consuming waits for adverts to play fully, or full page page ads have to be meticulously cancelled else one is rerouted to a website. I appreciate the role adverts play,but when they become irritating, irrelevant or intrusive both the app and the advertiser lose. I am now using the app less. If the advertising style improves I will gladly go back to 5 stars.
Like the content, videos often hang
Good content but the videos often hang. The content which requires a new page to load is also often problematic
You guys have loved this - you have created the most negative horrible environment BECAUSE YOU STILL GET PAID
Let me explain
You live off negative fake news. I’m not a trump supporter by the way
You just don’t tell the FULL story you report parts, the parts that make us all scared
Tell your stupid editor that because he understands the concept that deep in our genetic imprint we respond to fear one day he too will respond to this fear WHEN HIS JOB is on the line when he worries how he is “going to feed his family”
Run back to your desk with your smirking faces and report some more covid fear
As you all gloat and smirk in your warm cozy offices in Fitzrovia just know that tens of thousands of people have losts their jobs their businesses in fact their lives
- BBC Worldwide LTD
- 85.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Russian, Spanish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019-2020 BBC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.