BookBeak is the world’s first short story app to aggregate short stories from talented African storytellers and put them directly in the hands of our growing subscriber base that’s looking for more representative stories to read their children and for themselves.
For the first time ever, kids and adults all around the world can explore new and old African stories from the palm of their hands.
BookBeak makes use of a unique contributor content model that empowers published, unpublished and self-published writes while giving them a source of revenue.
As a parent, you’re always looking for new stories to read to your kids to keep them entertained and also for bedtime. With BookBeak, your child gets to enjoy a large library of African short stories every day and night.
Create your own
Ever thought how cool it would be if there was a story about your little one? With BookBeak you can create one in minutes. Choose from one of our many stories and simply type in your child’s name to replace the main character’s name with your little one’s name and make them the hero’s of their own story.
Sometimes you’re just looking for a good weekend read and not an entire novel. BookBeak holds an impressive and ever-growing library of African short stories from a range of publish and unpublished authors.
We all know that our little ones love visual and audio stimulation. That’s why our BookBeak inventory also includes a range of audio shorts designed to keep them entertained and engaged with uniquely African stories.
Become A Storyteller
The revenue generated from our subscriptions is shared with the content contributors, helping them make a living from their unique storytelling talents.
The BookBeak subscription is only R59.99 per month and gives users access to all content on the platform with monthly additions. This fee gives us the opportunity to give back and create a revenue share model with our up and coming, African contributors.
The app also hosts free content powered by BookDash which is in the form of picture books.
** Subscription Details **
• BookBeak Monthly Subscription(R59.99 per month)
• For the subscription of R59.99, the user gets access to all content on the platform for one month
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• The account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
** FAQ **
** Terms and Conditions **
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Brilliant African Stories
A friend of mind recommended the Book Beak to me. Thank God she did! Finally a catalogue of African stories, representing African people! Representation is so important for our kids. Thank you to the creators of Book Beak 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Book Beak
- 51.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © This End User License Agreement (“Agreement”) is between you and BookBeak and governs use of this app made available through the Apple App Store. By installing the BookBeak App, you agree to be bound
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.