Welcome to Pick n Pay’s official delivery app. Shop over 8,000 Pick n Pay groceries & liquor at in-store prices, delivered in as a little as an hour. South Africa only.
Same-day and next-day delivery available in most areas of Johannesburg, Cape Town,
Pretoria, Durban, Bloemfontein, Port Elizabeth, East London & Hermanus.
Please email us at email@example.com for any queries or suggestions.
We update the app as often as possible to make it better, faster and easier to shop.
New updates include:
- Improvements to design and minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
We’ve been using the app for a few weeks now and same day delivery is great. But I was blown away by the support team. There was an order mixup and we received the wrong order. Frustrating, but mistakes happen. I called their support team at 4pm and in addition to speaking to two smart and helpful members, our order was delivered and the incorrect order collected within 2 hours. We do a lot of online shopping and this kind of service is leaps and bounds ahead of other retailers - even premium brands. Super impressed!
Terrible disappointment... and they don’t care!
I recommended this service to friends of mine during lockdown last year when the alcohol restrictions were lifted, bad bad idea. I’ve used them once or twice and recommended it to friends (foreign and local), I thought they were worth it, clearly their service has gone down. My friends ordered on two separate accounts around R10K worth of wine and spirits but were faced with terrible feedback, one being that the order has been delivered which wasn’t the case and the other not having stock. I didn’t want to write a review until now after yet another friend has complained about this service. I’ve been recommending Bottles to everyone I deal with and the feedback I get is appalling. Since our major mishap happened with the two orders we have spent an insane amount to stock up for various occasions (past, current and future). This isn’t what a company wants from someone who is influential, having a person tell around 40 people, including major company executives, not to use this service. Honestly, if you’re looking to get wine, use the services or GetWine or Wine, I’m not sure what the company is called, they deliver on the same day without any hassles no matter how big the order (we ordered around 90 bottles of wine and it got delivered the same afternoon).
I’m rather surprised that this app is so highly rated. Yes, the service is useful, but the app itself is extremely buggy. Constant error screens, and bad UX makes it a very frustrating experience. Today the app signed me out and I can’t log in again, and even the error screen there is nonsensical.
UX issues and bugs include:
- Search is cleared after you’ve viewed an item in the search results
- Substitutions are cleared if you don’t “submit” them within 5 minutes, even though you have selected substitutions already
- After submitting substitutions, the app always goes into an error state, saying the substitutions were not submitted (when they in fact are), then going back into substitutions list shows an empty, broken screen
- Constant “connection lost” error messages when the error is clearly not network related
- Out of stock notification bombardment. Just send one notification when items are out of stock, instead of one for each item.
- The app takes a long time to update the order state, it at all. I’ll get a notification saying the order is at step B, but when you follow through, the app still shows step A, with no way to refresh the screen.
In general, the app is sluggish, and has low quality imagery too. I assume it was not written natively, but instead with a cross platform tool, and it shows.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BOTTLES APP PTY LTD
- 39.9 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 BOTTLES APP (PTY) LTD
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.