Shake your phone to alert your friends, family and security company to help you at your exact location. Now with an optional service in South Africa to get help from the nearest PSIRA-registered armed responder on the Aura network. AS SEEN ON NATIONAL TELEVISION!
- activate your panic by shaking your phone (app must be open in the background) or opening the app.
- your emergency contacts will receive an SMS notification with your actual location which is updated every 30 seconds. So you can get help, even if you can't speak or are on the move.
- your phone will start calling the emergency number you selected (such as the police or your security company).
- local app users will also receive an alert showing your location, photo and name (opt in feature).
- if you opt in to the Aura service (which is an in-app purchase) they will call you back within a minute and the nearest qualified emergency responder will be dispatched to your location. You can see their details, estimated arrival time and real-time location on the app. The Aura service only works in South Africa and although they have partner responders across South Africa, they may not necessarily be available near to you. You are contracting directly with Aura for this service. Please see http://aura-app.io/ for more info.
- receive local app user panic alerts (optional).
- receive notifications of crimes or suspicious activities near to you.
- easily report crimes and suspicious activities and automatically notify people in your community.
- view crime locations and hotspots on a map.
- allow us to track your location if you are going into a situation you are nervous about.
- record audio with one touch (to, for example, record an official soliciting a bribe).
- find and call the nearest police station.
- upload a "selfie" photo to help the police or your security company recognise you in an emergency situation.
- the app has national emergency numbers of more than 150 countries pre-loaded.
- generate data to combat crime.
The app works anywhere in the world and is free. Help detain criminals and deter crime by utilising the power of the community to #crowdfight crime. Please note that we don't actively respond to panic activations but if your security provider partners with us, they can use the app to do this.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Some minor bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great useful app
App works really well and gives a good idea of where crime is happening, one problem I find that it cannot find Police Stations close to me and I stay in Boskruin (Close Police stations would be Randburg and Honeydew). App should have an "add" function so as to add a police stations and contact details. This would help users immensely. Great app though and haven't picked up in other faults. Thank you
Great app but needs some fine tuning.
Its great being able to add security issues in real time. What would be great is having an option to hide all past notifications so one can see latest crime incidents more clearly. At the moment high crime areas are a jungle of hazard icons and its difficult to sort past crimes from recent crimes.
App needs some adjustments
Please can you either highlight the days incidents or change colors for example same day: red, 1 day:yellow, 2 day: green etc. it’s terrible if you log in because you can’t see what was reported recently
- App Developer Studio Cc
- 25.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © App Developer Studio
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.