Final Cut Pro combines revolutionary video editing with powerful media organisation and incredible performance to let you create at the speed of thought.
Revolutionary Video Editing
• The Magnetic Timeline uses advanced metadata and Clip Connections for faster, easier editing
• Enhanced Timeline Index lets you drag and drop audio roles to rearrange the layout of your timeline
• Powerful drag-and-drop Object Tracker automatically matches titles and effects to the movement of faces or objects
• Change focus points or the depth effect for video shot in Cinematic mode on iPhone (requires macOS Monterey or later)
• Edit multi-camera projects with automatic syncing and support for up to 64 camera angles
• Automatically transform projects for square or vertical delivery with Smart Conform
• Import and edit 360° equirectangular video in a wide range of formats and frame sizes
• Create, edit and deliver closed captions from within Final Cut Pro
• Extend the capabilities of Final Cut Pro with third-party workflow extensions
Powerful Media Organisation
• Organise your work within libraries for efficient media management and collaboration
• Create proxy copies of your media for portability and performance
• Apply custom keywords or favourites as you select clip ranges
• Smart Collections dynamically organise content for you to quickly find any shot in a few clicks
• Locate duplicate media in the timeline using highlighted clip ranges or the Timeline Index
• Improved speed and efficiency on Mac computers with Apple silicon
• Unrivalled performance with optimisations for the M2 Pro, M2 Max and M2 Ultra chips
• Work with a broad range of formats including ProRes, RED, XAVC, AVCHD, Avid DNxHR®, Avid DNxHD®, H.264, HEVC and more
Compelling, Customisable Effects
• Beautifully animated, easily customisable 2D and 3D titles
• Change the look of titles, transitions and effects using intuitive controls
• Choose from an ecosystem of third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces
Integrated Audio Editing
• Assign roles during import to easily track and organise your project
• Expand and edit multichannel audio files directly in the timeline
• Apply intuitive Logic-based effects and reduce background noise to isolate voices
• Sync video with separate audio in a single step with instant audio waveform matching
Intuitive Colour Grading
• Import, edit and deliver video in standard colour spaces, or in Rec. 2020 and HLG colour spaces
• Powerful colour wheels and curves for precise adjustments with keying and masks
• Accurately view HDR on the MacBook Pro and Pro Display XDR
One-Step, Optimised Output
• Incredibly fast export for playback on Apple devices and upload to websites such as Vimeo and YouTube
• Export audio stems and multiple versions of a finished video using roles metadata
• Import and export XML for third-party workflows like colour grading and sound mixing
System Requirements: macOS 13.4 or later, 8GB of RAM (16GB recommended for third-party effects and plug-ins), Metal-capable graphics card (Intel-based Mac computers only), 5.8GB of available disk space.
Some features require a Mac with Apple silicon. Some features require internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs.
Final Cut Pro 10.6.9 includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
• Take advantage of the flexibility and dynamic range of log-encoded video shot on iPhone 15 Pro.
• Enhance the look of footage shot on popular Fujifilm, DJI and ARRI cameras using new log profiles.
• Fixes an issue that could cause Motion templates to not respond to the Opacity setting.
Ratings and Reviews
This is the only one
I run a IMac mini 2014.
In the last 3 months I have trialed / tried the the other products that cost less than half of FCPX and worked with the free version of DaVinci. I have worked on FCPX trial version for 33 days almost every day. I have no problem spending the money. Great product. Features / Animarion / Render option flexibility / Coloring - and best of all - no stutter/ glitching with mutiple effects, audio and graphics layered on clips when working. Smooth.
Only Issue is the Imac mini gets a bit warm.
FCPX is Awesome!!
As an old FCP7 Trainer, I cried actual tears when FCPX first came out. It was bad... but now!!!!
It's insane!! Love It!!, just please can we have export to aaf/omf for people other than apple users
This single reason looses you lots of Users, so if you want FCPX to be the most used NLE, then just add some industry features like eport to aaf/omf
Requesting a refund
I bought Final Cut Pro X (one day ago) in order to get better performance from my Mac and because of caution to prevent my system from getting damaged, since I was using Davinci Resolve 16 Free wich limits you to one gpu. But when I compared FCPX with Davince while rendering the same project (27 min time duration) with the same colour grading and audio fx, FCP was only one minute faster, and 40% more taxing on the CPU, while it had better GPU performance. Though final Cut Pro may be a fine NLE, it is not worth paying 4999 ZAR if I can work with Davinci for free. Please, can I request a refund.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 4.7 GB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 13.4 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2023
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.