Honeyguide Educational, Interactive Maps and Sightings App
• Includes the Kruger National Park, Zululand & Maputaland Reserves (Hluhluwe iMfolozi Game Reserve, iSimangaliso Wetland Park, uMkhuze Game Reserve, Tembe Elephant Park, Ndumo Game Reserve and Ithala Game Reserve) and the Etosha National Park in Namibia.
• Endorsed by EcoTraining, the leading provider of safari and trails guide training in Africa
• Unique interactive Honeyguide Maps.
• Ability to upload sightings and to view latest sightings by other users.
• Customised personal bird and mammal lists.
• Mammal information customised for each Region including photographs and paintings for identification, distribution maps, spoor, key facts and information. Ability to upload sightings and to customise personal lists by date.
• Full bird lists per region with paintings and some photographs for identification, key facts and information. Ability to upload sightings and to customise personal lists by date.
• Tree lists for Kruger National Park and Etosha National Park.
• Unique sightings game where users are able to compete with other app users to be the daily or overall champion mammal and bird spotter.
• Distance Tables.
• Reserve and Resort information.
• Facebook link to upload sightings images
• Full interactive features available by monthly or annual subscription. Personal sightings lists always available even if your subscription expires.
• Top quality printed maps available at www.honeyguidepublications.com
Improved In-App Purchase process for some phones.
Upgrade to iOS 12.2.
Ratings and Reviews
Not free, sightings from other users not visible
The app is not free, we bought the 12 month subscription as we regularly go to the Kruger Park, when we opened the app to see where certain sightings was to plan our trip. You can’t see sightings on the map from different users. Only your own sightings. What a misleading advert in the printed map. If it is possible then the app is not user friendly for easy guidance as to where you can see the other aightings
This app is not free. You use 100MB of your data downloading it, only to find out you can do absolutely nothing until you pay (approx R200) for each map download of each park you are visiting.
Can’t even register!
How are you meant to use this app if you can’t register to open it!
- Honeyguide Publications CC
- 120.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Honeyguide Publications
- In-App Purchases
- Kruger Yearly Subscription R299.99
- Kruger Monthly Subscription R199.99
- Zululand Monthly Subscription R199.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.