As an Investec client, the Investec App brings your local and international banking and investment accounts, locally and internationally, securely onto your tablet or smartphone. You can view and manage your accounts, make payments, buy and sell shares, all on the go.
The Investec App offers the following services (depending on the accounts you have with us):
• Accounts: A consolidated view of all your Investec accounts
• Banking: Transactional banking services, including making and managing payments
• Insights: Research, Investec News, commentary and analysis by Investec’s thought leaders
• Trading: Buy and sell JSE listed equities. Currently available to South African clients only
• Market Data: View major local and international indices, commodities and currencies as well as insight into the South African equity market. Currently available to South African clients only
• My Personal Portfolio: The tool allows you to see a complete picture of your balance sheet across all your bank accounts (incl. external accounts) in One Place. Currently available to South African Private Banking and Wealth & Investment clients and United Kingdom Private Banking clients only
• Income & Spend: This tool helps you to visualise your income and spend and see exactly where your money goes. Currently available to South African Private Banking and Wealth & Investment clients and United Kingdom Private Banking clients only
• Buy: Buy SMS bundles, data and airtime with South African service providers. Currently available to South African Private Banking clients only
• Smartwatch: View account balances on your smartwatch
• My Briefcase: Upload, view and download your documents from your mobile device
• Touch ID: Available for iPhone 5S or higher. To use Touch ID, go to Settings in the app and select enable Touch ID. This feature will allow you to have quick access to your accounts.
• In App Authentication: Securely authenticate your login on Investec Online through the Investec App. Simply reject or accept the message displayed in the App
• SSL: Mobile data transmissions are safeguarded by the highest level of SSL (Secure Socket Layers) encryption to prevent unauthorised access
How to access your account via the Investec App:
You will need to be enrolled in Investec Online.
Use the same Investec ID and password that you use to log in to Investec Online to get started in the App.
The following clients can use the Investec App:
Private Banking South Africa
- Private Banking United Kingdom
- Investec Bank (Channel Islands) Limited
- Private Banking Mauritius
- Investec Click & Invest
- Wealth & Investment South Africa
- Wealth & Investment United Kingdom
For assistance, please contact the 24/7 Global Client Support Centre on:
SA: 0860 110 161 or +27 11 286 9663
UK: 0845 366 6333 or +44 207 597 4131
Under the hood enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Continuous notification showing
The app works well but I turned on the feature to notify me in app of transactions rather than get an SMS. Now despite having viewed all notifications the app continues to show me the (1) in red on the icon as if there’s an unopened notification. This is extremely frustrating and must be a bug. Can this please be looked into!
App freezes, landscape mode, default reference
Often freezes on iphone 6s. Then works fine for a while after phone is restarted. Never had any issues before ios13 and related app updates but all other other apps are working properly without this issue on the same phone.
App functionality in landscape mode would be great and default references when making transfers (not payments). This can be overwritten if user wishes. I transfer between accounts often and latest update requires keying in ‘from reference’ and ‘to reference’ every time. The whole point of app is to make things easier and quicker. This just slows things down.
Developer Response ,
I am sorry to hear about your experience with the app. Please send us an email with your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will also provide your feedback to our digital team.
Straightforward easy to use
Useful app that is intuitive and easy to use. I have a recommendation to make the user experience even better for making payments: When a user selects a bank, I would suggest that the system automatically default the branch field to the default branch Nr and also default the account type to cheque... The user can override the default selections if they'd like. Just a thought.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the great feedback. We have forwarded it to our Digital Team.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Investec Ltd
- 87.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2013 Investec Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.