Welcome to KrugerExplorer – your ultimate digital guide to all things Kruger National Park. Whether you are planning your South African wildlife safari, dreaming about your next bush experience, or simply want to learn more about the animals, birds and nature of Southern Africa, you will find it all in the KrugerExplorer App.
KrugerExplorer is more than just a travel guidebook. With over 300,000 words of content and 400 beautiful photographic images on your phone or tablet, you can immerse yourself in this incredible wilderness wherever you are, whenever you like. And when you are ready to take a trip to the Kruger National Park, use KrugerExplorer to discover everything there is to know about South Africa’s largest game reserve while you are planning, and as your guide and companion throughout your journey. Allow us to help you make your safari the trip of a lifetime!
KrugerExplorer has over 35,000 followers on social media – join the community of nature-lovers, birding experts, Kruger dreamers, enthusiasts and visitors alike, and download the App to access:
- 50+ mammal profiles detailing physical characteristics, behaviours and where to find them in Kruger.
- 225+ bird profiles packed with facts and helpful identification tips.
- 40+ reptiles, invertebrates and tree profiles to help you learn about the smaller nature in Kruger.
- 70+ of our favourite and most successful routes to guide you through the 3,500km self-drive road network of the Kruger wilderness.
- The most accurate and up-to-date maps of Kruger currently available for adventuring through the roads and habitats of Kruger National Park.
- Hundreds of outstanding photos to enjoy, to help you identify the wildlife, and to bring your Kruger bush experience to life.
- A fully integrated Kruger sightings list so you can keep track of all the amazing animals you have seen on your South African wildlife experience.
- And the App works completely offline once downloaded – perfect for exploring the Kruger!
KrugerExplorer is the perfect companion for discovering the Kruger Park, one of Africa’s greatest nature reserves. The 70+ routes covered in the App have been developed over many years of visiting the park and cover every rest camp and entrance gate. Beautiful maps of Kruger National Park mean you will never lose your way or miss out on the best sighting spots, and you won’t need to buy additional maps or guidebooks on arrival – KrugerExplorer has everything you need.
The App is downloaded after a one-off, upfront purchase with no ongoing subscriptions or in-app purchases required. Updates are available without additional cost too.
After the initial installation, the App will download the remaining 190MB of content when you first open it. Once downloaded, you will have everything you need for your Kruger safari stored on your device; the App will be fully functional when completely offline or in Airplane mode while exploring the park.
We’re very excited about the KrugerExplorer App and hope you enjoy having it as your digital wildlife encyclopaedia and the ultimate bush companion through the incredible wilderness of Kruger National Park.
This update to the KrugerExplorer App adds:
- 10 of Kruger’s snake species
- Several other reptile and bird species
- A new road and waterhole index to help locate these features on the maps
- Further enhancements to the quality of the main maps
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love this app!
What a great app...the thought and careful preparation that went into developing this app is clear to see. Highly recommended!
My wishlist improvement would be around the sightings functionality - it would be great to be able to track different trips or days against each other. So there could be an all-time sightings log (as it currently stands), and also a per trip account. In many cars/families it becomes a bit of a game to “beat” the previous days sightings, and having that stored on an app would be quite useful for reminiscing and when going on subsequent trips. To take it even one step further, to be able to link the route taken to the sighting (and maybe even a photo) would be amazing...(but I’m getting ahead of myself!). Well done, love your work!
Great Kruger App
This app is excellent for new or regular visitors to the Kruger Park. The amount of information available on animals and maps of the Kruger is great. A very impressive feature is that you can download all the info on the app and use it offline ( there are many parts of the Kruger that do not have signal.) I would highly recommend this app not only for when you are in the park, but also for planning your next trip to the Kruger. This is the most complete App you can get for the Kruger, it has the animals and maps all at your finger tips, so you don’t have to jump between animal books and maps. You can also log all your sightings as you go.
Everything you could imagine and so much more!
This app is truly phenomenal! From the beautiful imagery to the exceptional functionality. The app is extremely comprehensive and easy to use. The content that is covered expands so much further than any travel book could possibly provide. The maps allow you to combine every expensive and out of date map all in one. Planning a Kruger trip has never been easier, it is honestly a tour guide in your pocket. Best of all, this kind of value for money is unbeatable. This is a MUST HAVE if you’re traveling to the Kruger!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.