Start speaking a new language instantly. With uTalk Classic, learn the essential words and phrases you need to get talking, build confidence and make friends wherever you go.
Over 30 million people worldwide have used uTalk's award-winning method - developed over 25 years - to learn a new language. It's simple, fun, with immediate results… and now it has a shiny new look and improved games to make your learning even more rewarding.
uTalk Classic is:
• Motivating - enjoying something is the best way to stick at it. uTalk Classic's games are designed to be fun and addictive, so you actually want to keep learning.
• Authentic - we source native speakers and translators to bring you all the content in uTalk Classic, ensuring you're learning to speak just like a local.
• Smart - intelligent software knows what you're good at (and where you need more help), uniquely tailoring the games to your individual level.
• Perfect for pronunciation - record yourself as you practise speaking the language for yourself. You can do this as many times as you like to perfect your accent.
• Visual - our beautiful pictures link words with images to accelerate how your brain learns, using visual recall to help you remember your new language.
• Practical - uTalk Classic teaches you words and phrases you'll actually need with nine beginner topics: first words, food and drink, colours, numbers, parts of the body, telling the time, shopping, phrases and countries.
• Portable - use uTalk Classic offline anywhere in the world, with no risk of racking up any nasty roaming charges when you're abroad.
We've updated the app to make to make it work better for you - get the latest version for all available features.
• Bug Fixes
If you have any questions or feedback, we'd love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Expensive considering the very limited content. Under 30 phrases, mainly aimed at tourists to South Africa: "Where is the chemist?"; "I'd like a window seat" etc.. But pretty useless for "conversational" Xhosa. Really not worth it.
Avoid it’s a ripoff
Very poor product and even worse value, extremely limited and do we need a ‘translation’ when the word is the dame in English. Feel abused.
Developer Response ,
Oh dear, we’re so sorry that you’re feeling bad. Please contact email@example.com so we can make things right for you. We are always treat our customers as we want to be treated ourselves. This app is aimed at complete beginners and includes more than 250 words and phrases, all voiced by native speakers, as well as games to help you remember what you’ve learned. But perhaps you are a more advanced learner and would like a bigger challenge? If so, I’m sure we can help. Looking forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Sarah PS As with many languages, Xhosa does borrow some words from English and, interestingly, English borrows the word ‘impala’ (antelope) from Xhosa.
Fantastic help to increase vocabulary. Good to practises numbers and time which are notoriously difficult in Xhosa. Needs to expand on chapters and content.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- EuroTalk Ltd
- 174.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 EuroTalk Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.