Living Earth is the best and most beautiful world clock and weather app for your Mac! The award winning app for iPhone and iPad is now available with a single click from your Mac menu bar offering easily accessible world times and weather for millions of cities around the world. Real-time global cloud cover, live wallpaper, and screensaver features turns your desktop into a window in space.
Apple Editors' Choice!
Featured in the Best of the Mac App Store.
"Living Earth is proof that a world clock and weather app can be beautiful" - Apple @AppStore
"A stunning app that shows the Earth in real time, based on global weather reports. " - WIRED
● World clock and weather with a single click on the menu bar or customizable shortcut from anywhere in your Mac.
● Live clouds from near real-time satellite cloud data - updated every 3 hours. View global cloud patterns, hurricanes and tropical storms around the world.
● World clock and weather for over 3 million cities. 10 day and 2-hour forecasts powered by Weather Underground.
● Live Desktop wallpaper and screensaver. Updates continuously while you work.
● Observe sunrise and sunset borders around the world live as they are happening. Watch the day and night shadow line progress across the globe through the day.
● Stars, constellations, and the Milky Way are displayed accurately in time and space.
● High resolution live 3D simulation. Enhanced for Retina display.
Quality detailed weather information provided by Weather Underground (www.wunderground.com). Weather Underground is the world's best source of the most reliable and accurate weather data available.
EMAIL US: firstname.lastname@example.org
BECOME A FAN: https://www.facebook.com/livingearthapp
FOLLOW US: twitter.com/livingearthapp
- Center icon and temperature on menu bar for MacOS 10.12.
- Increase text contrast and legibility.
- Fix issues with connecting and disconnecting external displays.
Ratings and Reviews
Living Earth as marketed through Mac App Store is a watered-down shadow of its original self. The user has an absolute minimum of control, and on top of that, there are silly oversights in the few controls you have. First the controls. The size of the globe cannot be controlled on the desktop, nor can the size of the globe in the pop-up menu of cities chosen by the user. We have only one view: city on display in the centre of the globe. The original allowed views of the Earth from the Sun, Moon, or any other vantage point selected by the user. One could then look at cloud features from different angles. There used to be ocean temperatures, land temperatures, satellite photographs, and so on. All are now gone. All that is allowed is a random flip through chosen cities. The user cannot even delete cities from the list! This caricature of the original is not worth the money, and I would recommend that the owner withdraw it from the App Store (or was it the App Store that decides upon the average intelligenceof its customers and allows only a dumbed-down thing like this?).
Developer Response ,
Hi, sorry you're not happy with Living Earth! Living Earth has never had many of the features you mentioned, are you sure you're not thinking of another app? Living Earth is focused app intended to be a menu bar world clock & weather utility with a live simulation of our Earth.
i feel that if you buy something it should work. the app doesnt even want to load. fix or refund me asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i feel in reel time make choises from facts see the world as it is
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.