Save money & share a ride with Local! Local is a ride sharing app for ordering rides that are quick, safe and affordable. Just download your Local app (Local - smart rides app), order a car, and ride on to your destination. Local is super practical and a must have app for your anywhere you are. Try our rider share app to save money and share a ride safely.
No more looking for carpool to share a ride or find taxi near me. Local is a lot more practical than carpool and a lot more affordable than taxi or cab. Once you try Local, you will understand why our users choose Local instead of other transportation options such as carpool or taxi.
Local - Affordable Rider Sharing app is very easy to use. Here’s how our ridesharing works:
1. Open the app and confirm your location.
2. Order a car to pick you up and share a ride.
3. See your driver arrive in real-time.
4. Ride on and enjoy the ride to your destination.
5. Pay from our rider sharing app or in cash to the driver
Local app features:
- The app finds your pickup location even if you don't know your exact address.
- You can rate your driver to give feedback and help us improve the service quality.
- Add your credit card and never worry about carrying cash again. We'll email you the receipt after every trip.
Local is available in South Africa: Johannesburg, The Vaal and Pretoria (Gauteng).
Earn extra money with your car through our rider sharing app. Sign up as a driver: https://yourlocalcab.com/drive
Have questions? Get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org or https://yourlocalcab.com
Local's mission is to bring convenient and affordable transport to millions of people around the world, while helping thousands of drivers support their families. The next time you need a ride, take Local.
Essentially, Local is a ride sharing app for ordering rides that are quick, safe and affordable similar to Uber, Uber App, Taxify, Taxify app, Bolt Taxify and Uber South Africa.
* Minor bug fixes
* Card payment functionality
* Styling & aligning
Ratings and Reviews
App very buggy and no card payment option
Not Great For Emergencies
Been using this app for a few days now and I can’t find any cars in Johannesburg. Don’t rely on it in emergencies. Other than that, looks like it could really have potential to break the duopoly of ride hailing apps in SA
Haven’t used it yet but I’m amazed by prices
- William Thubakgale
- 139.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Local Routing Technologies
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.