Looking4Cache is a app with a wide set of functions around the fascinating hobby geocaching. With direct access to over two million geocaches on Groundspeak´s Geocaching platform you can search for a box nearly everywhere.
In seconds you can store geocaches including all informations like the last logs, the waypoints and the images to your device over the direct API access (for this please read the annotation on the bottom). Or you can import a gpx file or a pocket query. All data will be stored on your device for offline usage.
Log your founds with images and trackables instantly or after your trip in the app. You can upload fieldnotes to the geocaching website too. And this not only for you but also for your complete team.
One of the highlights of Looking4Cache are the offline maps from OpenStreetMap like you found nowhere else. Choose and download the maps including contour lines directly in the app and use them in dead spots or in foreign countries without roaming costs. You can download whole states or complete countries.
With the ability to cache completely offline your battery will be conserved. To save more power the GPS accuracy will be switched based on the distance to your next target.
Here a list of the key functions:
- through the Geocaching Live API
- load Pocket Queries and geocaching.com lists
- import own GPX and GGZ files
- GSAK database import (InApp purchase)
- Live Map: See surrounding caches
- GCVote integration
- Supports corrected Coordinates and pers. Notes
- add Geocaches to lists
- use a lot of filers and sorts
- swipe a cache to build lists for your next trip
- Offline topo vector maps
- Online OpenStreetMap, OpenCycleMap, Bing
- Online Apple Maps
- Send coordinates to other navigation apps
- for multiple users
- with a log drafts, multiple for each log type possible
- log Travelbugs, with auto-visit too
- save logs locally
- Link to your local contact
- Find telephone jokers
- Create and send GPX files
Integration in iOS:
- search for GC-Codes in Safari
- open GPX files from mail
Attention: To access the geocaches you need a user on Groundspeak´s Geocaching plattform (.com). According to your membership type the amount of data is restricted. Basic Members could load 3 full cache descriptions per day and up to 6000 basic descriptions. As a Basic Member the geocache search is restricted to traditional caches. To get full access and use all functions of this app you should have a premium account.
Attention: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This version includes a few general improvements and small new features. Mainly, the search for caches and thus the LiveMap will be as fast as usual again.
- When searching for caches, the percentage of favorite points in relation to found logs of premium members were always loaded. This is very very slow and has slowed down the Live Map very much. The loading of this percentage must now be explicitly selected if this is wanted.
- In iOS 14, the date selection has been changed to the new iOS calendar.
- With L4C offline maps with the drawing technique 'Direct' can now be zoomed out wider. With large maps (e.g. complete Germany), however, it may be quite slow at low zoom.
- When placing actions on the map, actions for the current target (e.g. write log, create waypoint) are always displayed.
- New filter 'No own caches' for existing cache lists.
- Local logs can now be sorted by date in ascending and descending order, as well as by cache name.
- If a new authentication was required at geocaching.com, this was not displayed in all cases.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Looking4Cache UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- 59.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Looking4Cache UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
- In-App Purchases
- Hillshades R16.99
- GSAK Import R32.99
- Tip glass R32.99
- Tip glass R64.99
- Tip glass R99.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.