The latest version includes fixes and improvements for logged-in users. A user can now rate a wine with a half start and we have improved our subscription flows.
Platter's by Diners Club Wine Guide 2022 - Everything you want to know about South African wine
PLEASE NOTE -- THIS APP IS FREE TO DOWNLOAD BUT THEREAFTER A PAID SUBSCRIPTION TO PLATTER'S DATA IS REQUIRED. A SUBSCRIPTION IS VALID FOR ONE YEAR AND INCLUDES ACCESS TO THE WEB-BASED GUIDE (WWW.WINEONAPLATTER.COM)
Since 1980, Platter's hardcover book has been the winelover's essential guide to exploring the world of South African wine, including reviews of over 8,000 wines by a team of expert judges and key information about more than 900 wine producers. This app is “Platter's in your pocket", with the latest wine descriptions and ratings, plus updated winelands travel information at your fingertips.
1. Platter's app has been developed for the latest phone software versions and all features may not work on earlier versions.
2. The app data is replaced annually at launch of the new printed guide. A subscription allows access to the data for one year from date of subscription purchase, whereafter you will need to renew your subscription.
3. Occasionally there may be wines that are not in the database. Usually this is due to producer non-submission or wines not being ready for review by our tasters. You are welcome to email us to check.
4. Users of the web-based version of the guide (www.wineonaplatter.com) can log in to the app using their current Platter's username and password.
The app features:
- The wine descriptions and ratings for the latest edition (2022), plus all the reviews since 2008
- Search for wines using detailed drop-down menus
- Winery overviews and essential information (owner, winemaker, viticulturist etc)
- Tourist information such as tasting lounge opening hours, visitor attractions and amenities
- Facility to rate the wines yourself
- Facility to save your favourite wines and thereby build a virtual collection
- Facility share your wine discoveries on social media
- Easy winelands navigation via Google maps
- Find wineries near you with built-in geo-location
Hidden gem fixes for new content.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been a subscriber since the App was launched and find it extremely helpful as a guide when shopping for wine.
I do however feel a bit done in, as - unlike those who purchase the book yearly - a lot if historical reviews seem to ‘disappear’ with every year’s update. I also feel that there is lots if interesting information in the hard copy that could/ should be included in the app. If this is not possible, why not offer a package deal whereby subscribers can get the book at a much reduced price annually?
Great new updates
The latest version fixes so many bugs. We can now communicate with the Platters team and scrolling through all the wines and producers have become a lot easier.
Search function on 2022 version does not work
The search function on the new 2022 version does not work. I assumed it would be fixed but after well over a week there is still no update. Very frustrating.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- John Platter SA Wine Guide (Pty) Ltd
- 120.4 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © John Platter SA Wine Guide (Pty) Ltd 2015
- In-App Purchases
- 12 month Platter's subscription R199.99
- Annual Subscription R174.99
- Platter's Monthly Subscription R39.99