THIS IS A FREE DOWNLOAD BUT THEREAFTER A PAID SUBSCRIPTION TO PLATTER'S IS REQUIRED FOR A FULL YEAR'S ACCESS TO THE DATA (ACCESS INCLUDES WEBSITE TOO).
Since 1980, Platter's has been the wine-lover's essential guide to exploring the world of South African wine, including ratings of over 8,000 wines and key winery information. The Platter's app is your Platter's "in your pocket" and features all the new edition's ratings, top wine lists and wines of the year.
1. This app has been developed for the latest phone software versions and all features may not work on earlier versions.
2. The Platter's app data will be replaced annually at launch of the new printed guide. A subscription allows active app access for one year, from date of subscription purchase, whereafter you will need to renew your subscription.
3. There may occasionally be wines that are not in the database, this is usually due to producer non-submission or brand new vintages (wines still to be assessed by our tasters), but you are welcome to email us to check.
4. Existing Platter's web users can log in to the app using their current Platter's username and password to access your favourites lists.
The app features:
- All the new listings and ratings for edition 2021
- Search for wines using detailed drop-down menus
- Producer overviews
- Get the official reviews and the facility to rate the wines yourself
- Save your favourite wines in the app to keep your virtual collection
- Share wine discoveries on social media
- Easy access to Google maps
- Find wineries near you with built-in geo-location
This version fixes a bug in the “Wineries Near Me” feature.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Has to be better than the hard copy
Please do something, at the moment this is just a look. No better than the hard copy. Additional features like favorites does not work. So much potential as you already own the rich content. You can do so much better 🙏🏿
Platter App 2020
Very disappointed. I’ve been using the previous version for years with great joy but was now forced to subscribe and pay for the 2020 version. Used up 5 free searches now I’m urged to subscribe!? What? Also, user interface not as good as previous version. Boschendal Elgin Chardonnay not even rated. Info on estates and producers very poor. I’ll not be recommending Platter App to friends any more like I used to.
I’ve been a subscriber since the App was launched and find it extremely helpful as a guide when shopping for wine.
I do however feel a bit done in, as - unlike those who purchase the book yearly - a lot if historical reviews seem to ‘disappear’ with every year’s update. I also feel that there is lots if interesting information in the hard copy that could/ should be included in the app. If this is not possible, why not offer a package deal whereby subscribers can get the book at a much reduced price annually?
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- John Platter SA Wine Guide (Pty) Ltd
- 201.5 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © John Platter SA Wine Guide (Pty) Ltd 2015
- In-App Purchases
- 12 month Platter's subscription R199.99
- Annual Subscription R174.99
- Platter's Monthly Subscription R39.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.