PLEASE NOTE - This is a free download but thereafter a paid subscription is required for a full year's access to the data (access includes desktop).
Since 1980, Platter's has been the wine-lover's essential guide to exploring the world of South African wine, including ratings of over 8,000 wines and key winery information. The Platter's app is your Platter's "in your pocket" and features all the new edition's ratings, top wine lists and wines of the year.
1. This app has been developed for the latest phone software versions and all features may not work on earlier versions.
2. The Platter's app data will be replaced annually at launch of the new printed guide. A subscription allows active app access for one year, from date of subscription purchase, whereafter you will need to renew your subscription.
3. There may occasionally be wines that are not in the database, this is usually due to producer non-submission or brand new vintages (wines still to be assessed by our tasters), but you are welcome to email us to check.
4. Existing Platter's web users can log in to the app using their current Platter's username and password to access your favourites lists.
The app features:
- All the new listings and ratings for edition 2018
- Search for wines using detailed drop-down menus
- Get all producer information
- Get the official reviews and the facility to rate the wines yourself
- Save your favourite wines in the app to keep your virtual collection
- Share wine discoveries on social media
- Easy access to Google maps
- Find wineries near you with built-in geo-location
Minor UI updates.
Ratings and Reviews
I downloaded the app but because of the reviews I am worried to subscribe and waste my money.
Maybe a one month trial would help.
I’ve been a subscriber since the App was launched and find it extremely helpful as a guide when shopping for wine.
I do however feel a bit done in, as - unlike those who purchase the book yearly - a lot if historical reviews seem to ‘disappear’ with every year’s update. I also feel that there is lots if interesting information in the hard copy that could/ should be included in the app. If this is not possible, why not offer a package deal whereby subscribers can get the book at a much reduced price annually?
Worst App Ever try Vivino
I bought this app, it worked badly at first and then not at all. It now stops me from unsubscribing and takes money every month. It also won’t let me log in now. Twrrible
- John Platter SA Wine Guide (Pty) Ltd
- 81 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © John Platter SA Wine Guide (Pty) Ltd 2015
- In-App Purchases
- 12 month Platter's subscription R149.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.