REAH is a platform that bridge the communication barrier between hearing and non-hearing people, anywhere and anytime.
Should you come across a Deaf person, whether at a bus stop, counter or at work? With REAH, you can simply search for the words you want to sign and start the conversation. Download the app and learn your first Sign Language sign.
WHY USE REAH?
REAH platform includes four functionalities, i.e.
1. Lessons to learn South African Sign Language (SASL)
2. Search for South African Sign Language videos
3. Find a digital Sign Language Interpreter
4. Instantly connect with Sign Language Interpreter via a video call.
LEARN South African SIGN LANGUAGE
• REAH platform provides the users with SASL general words
• Learn Sign Language through text, video, voice and sign.
• Learn words for a specific industry, e.g. ICT, finance, logistics
FIND A DIGITAL SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETER:
Are you struggling to find a Sign Language Interpreter for your event, business meetings, interviews, public services delivery or court proceedings?
The REAH platform helps you to find the Sign Language Interpreter at an affordable rate and your nearest location.
To find the interpreter, users have to open the REAH >> Go to “Find Interpreter” feature, then it will take you through the map. A user will have to book a person to interpret based on their project details. The platform will connect you with available interpreters and shows their rates estimates. The interpreter will accept your request >> make the payment via EFT>> and the service shall be delivered to you.
SEARCH FOR SOUTH AFRICAN SIGN LANGUAGE VIDEOS:
• REAH application provides users with sign language videos.
• Users learn South African Sign Language through the use videos (text, sign name, voice).
INSTANTLY CONNECT WITH SASL INTERPRETER VIA A LIVE VIDEO:
Want to urgently chat to a Deaf person, but you don’t know how to sign?
• Quickly download REAH,
• Go to the feature “Live Interpretation”
• Start a FREE live Sign Language interpretation through a video chat for 5 minutes
REAH application was built by a collaborative team of Deaf youth, experts in the field of Innovation, Information and Communication Technology. The development of REAH platform was made possible through Mbula Research and Development and its investors.
- Bug Fixes
- Interface enhancements
- MBULA RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT (PTY) LTD
- 56.8 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Mbula Research and Development (PTY) LTD
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.