Control your Mac with multimedia controls, keyboard, mouse, app and system actions & AirPlay controls. Take full control of your Mac from anywhere in your home or office.
Tired of sitting on the couch, having to handle keyboard and mouse on your lap to control your media center Mac? Use Remote Control on your iPhone as a trackpad and keyboard to comfortably browse on the big screen TV. Using AirPlay Mirroring and an Apple TV, your Mac could be located anywhere in your home. Simply select your Apple TV from the list of available AirPlay devices and control your Mac from the comfort of your couch or bed.
You can even start any app on your Mac, send your Mac to sleep, wake it up and perform many more useful actions to control your Mac remotely. All you need to do is download the Mac Helper application and connect your Mac and iOS device to the same WiFi. Remote Control will guide you through the simple setup process.
AT A GLANCE
- Control volume, playback and Airplay mirroring of your Mac;
- Use your iOS device as a Mac trackpad and keyboard;
- Launch and quit Apps on your Mac comfortably from your iOS device;
- Control any app on your Mac using its menu;
- Restart or shut down your Mac, change display brightness and many more useful actions;
- Enjoy the ease of use in a slick user interface you will love;
- Use the Personal Hotspot of your iOS device to control your Mac when you don’t have access to other networks;
- 3 steps, under 30 seconds super easy setup.
- Amazon Prime Video
- LIFEHACKER: "This iOS app lets me control nearly every aspect of my Mac from my iPhone or iPad"
- MACSTORIES: "Remote for Mac is perfect for controlling a Mac that serves as a media center"
- MACOBSERVER: "This setup gives me full control of my Mac in the palm of my hand from anywhere in my house"
- Mac with macOS 10.10 or above and free helper app installed;
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 10 or above;
- Shared wireless network connection between your computer and iOS device.
Download free helper app from https://cherpake.com/get
Ratings are like gold for indie developers like me, please give the app a quick rating on the App Store.
New view to change app icon
More minor fixes
# Requires macOS 10.10 or above and helper app ver. 9.9.12 or above
Ratings are like gold for indie developers like me.
Please take a moment to rate the app on the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Great but has bugs
The app is very helpful however after 2 updates ago my app only types caps lock and cannot type a “.” It instead types “>” When I want to type my log in details so I’m forced to stand up and actually log in , please fix this ... coz the app is amazing and helpful , and maybe add a feature where I can use 3 fingers to toggle between desktops...
Developer Response ,
Hi, I'm looking to fix this issue with caps lock - if you can contact me via email@example.com that would be very helpful. Short term solution is to press SHIFT key on your hardware keyboard (or in the app and then release it). Rebooting your Mac will do the trick too.
Saved me buying an iPad.
I have waited a long time for something like this. What is extremely important for me is to be able to see clearly finer detail on my phone, of that which is on my main screen. So first, 5 Stars for the fact that I can, on a small screen maneuver over the items on my main screen effectively. Then I can also manipulate the items on that screen, like plugin knobs and faders. This allows effective remote control from a booth of important aspects in tracking audio, when recording oneself. So if you are a sound engineer, who also want to record yourself from the sound proofed room, instead of in the control room, this could just be your ticket. But of course there are so many other features on this app, that would suite so many other different needs as well. But I found it extremely difficult until now, to do what I need to do. Just one thing be sure to check out the app makers faq, lest you get discouraged not knowing how something works. It will help, and it is not difficult to understand or implement.
I just did the latest update and now the app won’t open the actual remote. It’s stuck on the “install remote for Mac” option. It doesn’t proceed to the touchscreen remote option.
Developer Response ,
Hi, please download and install Mac helper app from https://cherpake.com/get and if that doesn't help please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will try to help.
- Evgeny Cherpak
- 35.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2019 Evgeny Cherpak
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.