For 16 consecutive years, Nurses have ranked #1 in the Gallup Poll of America's most honest and ethical professions. Nurses are the heart and soul of healthcare. This distinction comes at a high cost. The physical and emotional demands placed on nurses can lead to high rates of
- compassion fatigue
- workplace injury
- chronic illness.
In fact, an estimated 20% of new nurses leave their first nursing job after only one year, and the figure rises to almost 34% when we consider the first two years. (RWJF, 2015)
Rather than focusing on recruitment, nursing leadership at MUSC wants to create a clinical practice environment that communicates appreciation, inspires commitment, and promotes retention. We want MUSC nurses to thrive!
What is expected of you? Study Logistics
To better understand how job-related stress is affecting our nursing workforce, we have partnered with MUSC's Information Solutions division to conduct a pilot research study. In this six month study...
- Under the main Nurse Wellness study, there are four sub-studies: Stress, Mindfulness, Activity, and Illness.
- All participants will be enrolled in the Stress sub-study, and may elect to participate in any or all of the other three.
- Participants will receive a weekly summary of their individual performance metrics along with group norms for comparison.
...And that is all! In collaboration with your Healthy Work Environment shared governance committee, we will be able to use the collected data to tailor a Nurse Wellness Toolbox with support resources and useful information designed specifically for MUSC Nurses.
Thank you again for your help with this study - and for all that you do for your patients and MUSC!
Small bug fix.
- Christopher Metts
- 52.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Infinite Arms, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.