Showmax gives you access to thousands of hours of the best local and international series and movies. There's something for everyone, from familiar favourites to the best blockbusters. It's available on multiple devices so you can enjoy the best entertainment at home or on the move.
(Content images for illustrative purposes only. Actual content may vary per region.)
We regularly update Showmax to bring you new and improved features, bug fixes, and greater stability. Get the latest update to ensure the best possible experience. If you’ve got feedback, we’d love to hear it at showmax.com/contact. Changes in this release are mainly focused on iOS 14 compatibility.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My best friend is Showmax 😹
I love showmax I don’t know what I would do without it.I enjoy the different movies and series. I thought you could get some more teenage movies and kid movies. I also thought the amount of kid series was shocking compared to the amount of adult and teens. But on a scale of one to five I would give it a 4 3/4. Showmax is a very good App I recommend it. Showmax easy to work with ,it’s not hard to use. It is nice for The whole family I love to watch it with my family. Showmax also has so many things that I would have never thought would be on a smart TV.I think that showmax is a good investment for people
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the love, what would you like us to improve so we can get 5 stars? [CS]
After a few months
I’ve had showmax for a few months now and it’s a really nice app. Great if you’re worried about saving data and it’s also really cheap if you’re a pocket pincher. However, it has sooo many glitches whereby it sometimes the app just shuts down and closes itself or there would be an inexplicable maximum devices notification that bars you from watching anything and the only way to resolve the issue is by contacting them and asking them to remove all devices.
Besides the tedious task of having to contact customer care every two weeks like clockwork. The thing that really pushed me to write this review was in fact the icon that shows the progress if a download. I don’t know why they thought it would be a great idea but the icon looks like a loading icon and it gets longer as the download progresses. This is so confusing and unnecessary🤦♀️ I kept canceling my progress and rebooting the wifi thinking that there is something wrong with my wifi... terrible terrible terrible. It’s as if that icon was some cruel joke by the design team
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We will be sure to look into this to ensure you get the best experience when using our app. [CS]
Good App, Needs improvement
It is a pretty straightforward app that allows you to search for movies and series. You may also download content to watch on your device. The main limitations are:
1. Navigation when viewing content is primitive. You can jump ahead or back 30 seconds. There is no option to skip intro.
2. While watching content, no easy option to view synopsis.
3. Device limitations. They don't just limit simultaneous viewing, but also the number of devices you can login from. So if you use a phone or tablet just to "find" content, without actually watching on that device, each will count towards the device count limit. Eventually, you will be "blocked" on one of the devices. Very frustrating.
- Showmax s.r.o.
- 59.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © Showmax, All rights reserved
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.