Secure medical chat & referral. Vula helps primary healthcare workers to send referrals directly to medical specialists. The basic version is free forever. Make and receive referrals for more than 40 specialities, including Orthopaedics, Burns, General Surgery, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine and Ophthalmology. We offer a secure, HIPAA compliant, environment to help healthcare workers in urban and rural spaces connect with specialist centres quickly and efficiently. We aim to strengthen the referral and communication networks that already exist, to save everyone time, and to help ensure that patients get the right care when they need it.
- Get quality referrals with the clinical information you need to decide whether to see the patient or provide remote consultation advice in an async manner that works around your current work demands.
- Send and receive images (images are compressed to reduce data usage).
- Say when you’re on call or off duty.
- Receive unique sound notification when a new referral comes in and attend to it when you’re not busy with a patient.
- Engage with the referring healthcare worker through a private chat discussion to get more photos and general information.
- Make a well-informed decision and filter patient transfers before they arrive.
- Archive the case when you’ve seen the patient: remove the information off all phones and only keeps it on a secure server.
For primary healthcare workers:
- Reach out to the on-call specialist for your area, in a structured and monitored safe environment to get the skill support you need for each patient you see
- Save time! Referrals go to the person on call at your referral hospital, so you don’t need to phone around to find out who that is.
Performance Improvements and bug fixes.
Updated bug reporting library.
Ratings and Reviews
Better health for all!
Connecting rural health workers to specialists and improving healthcare.
Not all specialities listed
My specialty is not listed and there is no option to select ‘other’, so I can’t move past the registration page. I thought the idea behind the app was good - but doesn’t help if you can’t even get started.
Dr V Manchev
It’s bad. Doesn’t allow me to go off duty unless i put another person on call. I deleted the app and still keep getting phone calls in the middle of the night when I’m not on call. Don’t know how to get rid of it
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mafami Pty Ltd
- 56.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Mafami (Pty) Ltd 2018
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.