Simple. Reliable. Secure. — WhatsApp from Facebook
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
* Group video and voice calls now support up to 8 participants. All participants need to be on the latest version of WhatsApp.
* Visual improvements for iOS 13 users including updated message action menu.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
New voice message update is exactly what I needed!
The most recent update of voice messages is exactly what I've been waiting for! Voice messages have become such an important way to communicate over whatsapp now and the new update allows me to write notes or work in something else simultaneously while listening to my voice notes. Thank you. Plus, I can close my screen and still listen - saving battery life.
The only other thing at this point I'd love to see are more quality options for sharing large videos or images. Ie: be able to send your content in either a high quality version or dramatically smaller and compressed version (to save data). With that, could you also display how long a video can be to be sent completely, as I've had situations of videos I've made being cut in half due to (I'm assuming) length or size.
Thank you for constantly making this app even better!
Upgrading a Mobile Phone
I was disappointed that when I changed cell phones from iPhone 5s to 7 I lost all my Whatsapp histories. I had thought Whatsapp had its own saving method. I hadn’t saved Whatsapp to the iCloud. I didn’t think that was necessary. Anyhow I found that kind of disappointing.
I wanted to send Whatsapp’s to myself e.g. when I need to make a quick note about something. I couldn’t do that on my new phone. I had to create a group Whatsapp and delete everyone else but me. Then only could I send Whatsapp’s to myself.
I get a lot of joy out of Whatsapp. I like knowing that a message is delivered or read. I use voice note to help me memorize stuff. We use video calls to be in touch with loved ones.
It works well - but needs some attention
WhatsApp is an all-round great cross-platform messaging app. I do - however- have one grievance with replying from notifications on the the home/lock screen. Each time I reply (to groups, personal chats, etc) I get a message from WhatsApp saying “⚠️ Could not send reply to ... ⚠️” and when I go into WhatsApp to check, it has been sent. At first this was tolerable but now has become tedious and irritating.
Furthermore, WhatsApp could maybe start looking into message animations like those iMessage use. It makes chats fun and expressive.
Love the app and the way it connects you with people in your life.
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 131.4 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.