Listed in creativebloq, techworld and wpmudev as one of the best code editors.
Buffer Editor is a POWERFUL code and text editor that lets you easily develop software, view code or take notes on the go. Join thousands of coders who trust Buffer Editor for fast, powerful, and advanced code editing on mobile devices.
Code and text editor you'll fall in love with !
• Universal app for iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro and iPod touch
• Superfast user interface
• Multiple Windows, Split View and Slide Over support
• Full Screen Mode
• Tabs. Quickly switch between your open files or terminals.
• Built In Terminal (SSH Client). Multiple terminals in tabs!
• Connect to BitBucket, Github, GitLab, Custom Git, Dropbox, iCloud ,Google Drive, SFTP, SSH and FTP servers
• BitBucket, Github, GitLab, Custom Git (Branch, Clone, Commit, Push, Pull)
• iOS Files app support
• Preview your files in safari with "Preview in Safari" function
• Open from iOS Files app (Link external folders and open multiple files)
• Send files by email
• File search
• Bracket matching/highlight
• Touch / Face ID protection
• Find & replace (including regular expression search)
• Extended Keyboard
• Vim coding support (If you don't need it, don't use it.)
• Unicode support
• Bluetooth keyboard support (Supports all iOS short-cut keys)
• Preview any files supported by iOS including images, PDFs, movies and documents
• iOS "Open In" support, from Buffer Editor to other app - vice versa
• Customizable font and font sizes
• Multiple dark and light themes (Ayu Dark, Ayu Light, Buffereditor, Candy, Candyland, Dante, Dark Blue, Deep Dark, Desert, Dracula, Github, Inkpot, Jellybeans, Mac Classic, Made of code, Monokai, Oceanic, One Dark, Putty, Seti, Solarized Dark, Solarized Light, Spacecadet, Spacegray Light, VSCode Dark, VSCode Light, Wombat, Xcode)
To see the full list of features, including supported Vim commands, please visit
For support please visit
• Minor fixes and improvements.
• We constantly develop the app and proper way to contact us is via support email. You can also send us feature requests.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Can still be improved!
So far, I really enjoy this app, and I love that I don't need working copy to access github. However, while the auto-complete features are already great, I feel as though this app still lags a bit behind Textastic in terms of productivity. For me, the biggest issue is the lack of emmet, which is something I've become used to using in every text editor I've used to date; I really hope to see it appear in a future release. As the app is right now, despite costing the same, it's just not quite on par with Textastic yet, but the way things are going, I have hope that that will change soon!
Thrilled for editing over SSH
I tried almost every iPad editor available (as of 2020). For what I need — adding an SSH connection and editing remote files — this app finally nailed it. I had an SSH connection running within minutes, you can navigate your remote file structure in the left-hand pane, tap a file to open, type with streamlined highlighting, and save (cmd-s) to immediately upload your changes to the remote server. I admit that this is a pretty low bar, but no other app accomplishes it! You get tabs for multiple open files, and a basic remote terminal. Also, I really appreciated the ability to customize the font/size/spacing and theme — I finally have the Atom “One Dark” theme back that I missed from my Mac! I feel more productive already :)
Great editor for quick revisions on the go.
I have been searching for a mobile IDE with git support for quite some time and I’m happy to say that I’ve found it! There are some settings that I feel should be on by default, such as auto indent and auto bracket. With those settings enabled, its really easy to make quick additions or plot out an idea while on the road. The only feature I wish existed was contextual suggestion outside of a languages syntax.
- Jesse Kuronen
- 38.4 MB
- Developer Tools
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Armenian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Jesse Kuronen
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.