AcChen is a simple to learn, arcade style 'find the matching tile' game. Master the 60 different level and 12 bonus maps in the single player campaign. Unlock new levels by beating the clock or play in 'chill mode' without any pressure: no timer, no score just happy tile hunting ( but also no level unlocking ).
* fast arcade style 'find the matching tile' game
* two game modes: arcade and 'chill' mode
* 60 levels + 12 bonus maps
* three relaxing sound tracks
* global high score list
* 8 unlock-able achievements
Clear the board by finding two items with identical symbols. The tiles will disappear when you can 'connect' them with a line, which has two or less corners ( right angles ) in it and no other part is blocking the way. Advance to the next level by clearing the board. If you run out of time before you finish a map, you lose.
A map can contain tiles in up to 3 layers. You might combine tiles of different layers. If you pick one tile from the top layer and one from the bottom layer, only tiles on the top layer block the way, for example.
In general: if you pick items from different layers, the upper most selected items layer is used for the search algorithm. Sounds difficult but if you give it a try, you will figure in no time... ;)
Tiles with the same symbol might be located on top of each other. So the fastest pick is not always the best.
After each 4 solved levels a bonus level appears. Three different kinds of
bonus level exists:
1. Start with 4 tiles and fill up the map. Every time you remove a pair, 4 new tiles will appear. Manage to fill up the whole map.
2. The play field contains covered items. Select two items to uncover. If the symbols match, the items disappear, if they don't match the item hides again. Try to remember the item and position.
3. The play field contains covered items. Two identical items will appear quickly at different position. Try to remember the last position and select the two items.
In case time runs out, you advance to the next level. After finishing a bonus level you receive an extra Hint-Item ( see below ) and 100 extra bonus points.
Solid tiles can not be removed.
If you pick a pair of Yin Yang the next picked symbol will disappear from the current map. If the Yin Yang is the last pair you pick, you can use this special on the next map.
Time Bonus Item
From time to time animated hourglasses appear on a symbol for a few seconds. If you manage to remove this item you receive 15 extra seconds.
If you need a hint during the game, tap the Hint Item. If available, a matching pair will be selected. It will disappear if you tap on it. After finishing a Bonus Level you receive an extra Hint Item. You can collect up to 3 Hint Items.
The first successful pick scores 0 points. The next pick within 3 seconds, scores 4 points, within 5 seconds 2 point. After finishing a level, the remaining time is added to you score.
AcChen is Game Center enabled. By enabling this feature you can share your score with players around the world. Discover the 8 unlock-able achievements within Game Center.
- improved scaling and fullscreen mode
- added a new tileset
- added two new bonus level modes
- bonus level appear after each 4 solved normal levels ( instead of 5 )
- various UI improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Unusable. Alerts “You can’t open the application Game Center.app...
I was looking forward to playing this game beacuse I loved it 20 years ago on NeXTSTEP. Unfortunately, it is unusable. It generates constant dialog boxes saying, 'You can’t open the application “Game Center.app” beacuse it is not supported on this type of Mac.”
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.