The macOS version of the iPad remote MCDU for X-Plane App.
This is the Mac desktop version of our AirFMC app in a build for macOS.
Designed to integrate with the X-Plane flight simulator, AirFMC provides an interface layer to your favourite flight management system and allows you to have a remote, portable and beautiful MCDU, leaving your screen free for enjoying the scenic routes.
While originally designed to run on an iPad where finger touches can be used to press the keys, the macOS version is an extension of it for Mac computers, now in universal supporting both arm and intel devices natively.
AirFMC for Mac can be used in the same computer that runs X-Plane, but its true value comes from running in a separate computer (possibly a laptop) connected through the local network, thus allowing physical dissociation and mobility from the cockpit.
AirFMC is now a universal purchase so purchasing this Mac version grants seamless access to the iPad and iPhone versions of it.
In its current release we are proud to support the following list of planes and FMC systems:
- The x737 Boeing 737-800 from EADT using x737FMC
- The UFMC from Javier Cortes
- The CRJ-200 from Javier Rollon
- The Boeing 777 Worldliner by FlightFactor
- The Boeing 757 Professional by FlightFactor
- The X-FMC freeware project and all the planes in which it runs
- The QPAC A320 v2
- The Boeing 767 from VMAX
- The A320NEO from JAR Design
- The Boeing 737 Classifc from IXEG / X-Aviation
- The Boeing 737-800 modified by Zibo
- The Airbus A350 XWB Advanced from FlightFactor
- The Airbus A319 and A321 from ToLiss
- The A330 from JAR Design
- The MD80 from Rotate
- The Boeing 737-700 and 737-900 Ultimate
- The A320 from Flight Factor
- The Hot Start CL650
- And lastly the X-Plane airliner FMC shipped with default planes
Please note, AirFMC is not an FMC in its own right. It does not have "intelligence" so to say, it does not manage routes nor flight performance parameters. At least, not yet! What it does is, it connects to planes that already have these systems and provides an interface surface to them.
Please also note that AirFMC does *not* currently work with Microsoft FS2020, 2004, FSX or Prepar3D, but only with X-Plane.
AirFMC works in conjunction with a plugin which must be installed in the flight simulator and it requires a TCP/IP network connecting this app to a flight simulator.
- Adds support for the A2 Zibo 737 FMC type
- Adds support for the upcoming Hot Start CL650
- Adds support for triple CDU planes
- Font display improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, too expensive
This app works just as advertised and does it excellently. It is compatible with the aircraft I use most. The price is so high that I only recommend this to hardercore simmers.
Works better than expected.
The price for this App seemed fair so I picked it up. I am using it with X-Plane 11 and the B737 Zibo Mod and it works perfectly and fast. I thought there might be a big lag from the time you touch a key and the time it registers on the computer, but it is very fast. I am extremely pleased....thanks for this great App.
Wasted my money
I was looking for a A320 MCDU trainer that I could simply practice accessing the menus and functions. You have to have a separate flight simulator (FMC?) for this app to work. Completely worthless without a simulator game. Here’s what this app description should include: “Warning: This is not a stand alone app. It must be used with other flight simulator software.”
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Haversine Ltd
- 12.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Haversine Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.