The essential flight simulator companion.
AirTrack integrates with multiple data sources in order to report flight and navigation data wirelessly and in real time. Designed to be used with a Flight Simulator, with the aid of a plugin this application allows you to track your virtual flights in real-time in the palm of your hand, as well as to remotely control your simulated flights.
You no longer need to stay glued to the computer in order to know if you're still flying at 39,000 feet, if you're still heading to the right waypoint, how long you've got left or what the weather is going to be like at your destination airport; you can now relax and do it in the garden or anywhere within WiFi reach really and control your flight with your thumb.
But if this isn't enough, AirTrack can also use your device's built-in GPS, Accelerometer and Gyro to determine your current movements and attitude and the Internet to download real weather to simulate an aircraft's sensors.
Turn your car trip into a flight experience by getting information about your instant position, heading and surrounding waypoints. See yourself in an EFIS style navigation display / primary flight display or plan your multi-leg trip with the built in route planner FMC which gives you real-time information about your waypoints, how far they are and how long it will take you to reach them.
With its built-in database of FIX, VOR, NDB and Airports, AirTrack can also be used as a flight simulator companion allowing you to plan and monitor your trip, target a VOR or even perform a full IFR approach without ever needing to look at the screen.
The AirTrack features include:
- A full Primary Flight Display with speed, altitude, vertical speed, barometric pressure
- Also in the PFD, compass, AI with roll/pitch, auto-pilot status and settings.
- Instant GS, IAS, MACH, TAS and VS when available.
- An MFD with APP, VOR, MAP and PLN mode with centered and expanded views.
- The whole world as a map of geo contours in the MFD.
- NAV / ADF and ILS / Approach guidance in the PFD and MFD.
- An MCP panel to control the Aircraft's Auto-Pilot.
- Wind speed and direction indicators.
- Next waypoint reporting on the MFD.
- Electronic Flight Bag style interface for iPad,
- An advanced multimode navigation display.
- A multi-leg FMC style route planner.
- Enroute Airways decoder.
- SID, STAR and Approach procedures decoder.
- Bi-directional radio stack.
- AutoTransponder Mode.
- Customizable waypoints.
- Saved waypoints and Nearby waypoints.
- Real-Time weather information for airports.
- Detailed airport information including runways.
- A database of localities worldwide.
- Built-in database of intersections, VORs and NDBs.
- Support for NAVIGRAPH FMS AIRAC cycles.
- Tracking of VATSIM / IVAO/ PilotEdge surrounding air traffic on the MFD.
- Tracking of which controllers are online in VATSIM/IVAO.
- Auto-tuning of ATC frequencies to COM1/COM2.
- Automatic position report generation for oceanic.
- Enhanced graphics with high-res Retina Display.
- Remote Yoke/Joystick/Rudder for flight simulator.
- Support for X-Plane
- Support for Flight Simulator 2020
- Support for FS9 and FSX(*)
- Cloud Services flight plan and waypoint sync.
- Cloud based auto-sync advanced flight planner
- Cloud based Approach plate / charts viewer with user charts.
- And much more ...
(*) Support for the old FS9 and FSX simulators is limited and provided by a third party plugin which is no longer actively maintained.
Maintenance release containing bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Works great with flight simulator 2020
I have 3 Saitek panels (radio, auto pilot and buttons) to work with my flight sim but this works even better. The iPad running AirTrack does not always seem to connect immediately to the flight sim computer running the plug-in so maybe that still needs some work (or maybe I need to do some more testing)
Awesome flight sim app - but stopped working Prepar3d v4.3
awesome flight sim app with functions that are not available in other similar flight simulator apps. Very sad to see no longer works in Prepar3D V4.3 (v4.2 works) also works in Xplane V11. Hope that the developer updates this app to work in Prepar 3D V4.3 as many other users in the forums are also updating to v4.3 to resolve bugs and added features in Prepar3D
Developer Response ,
Even though Prepar3D has never been an officially supported simulator, it did indeed work with the FSX plugin which was 32 bits. You'll be pleased to know that we've just released a 64 bit version of the FSX plugin so you'll be able to use it again with v4 and above. Please see the downloads section of AirTrack in the web site for the updated gauge file. Fun flights!
I was uncertain if I should give 4 or 5 stars, but I definitely think this app is but one more dagger in the heart of the Jeppesen/Garmin hegemony ... and that's probably reason enough to give 5 stars, but I'll stick with 4 for starters. New technologies *should* drive costs down as it drives capabilities up, and this app proves that.
I was particularly pleased when my Bad-Elf GPS did it's thing, even with my wi-fi only iPad. I'm almost tempted to buy a 3G model just for the opportunity to experiment with its real-time weather access.
One area I would improve is that of scalability and readability with somewhat larger font sizes, and include the ability to zoom the range rings down to 1, 5, and 10 N.M. And incorporate the U.S. 56-day database cycle into the app, and you've got 5 stars.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Haversine Ltd
- 193.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Haversine Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Air Premium Subscription $4.99