Recrop gives you a second chance to reframe your photos for a compositionally balanced look.
Here are the main features of the app:
• Unique uncropping function
• Aspect ratios and grids to help you reframe photos
• Straightening without losing the resolution of a photo
ACHIEVING AN ACCURATE COMPOSITION
• Recomposing a photo by moving its frame
Recrop allows reframing images even after they have already been taken.
Move a photo frame or drag its handles toward the inside or outside a photo to recompose the shot. The clever app will automatically fill in the expanded areas based on the content surrounding it.
• Reframing a photo by using aspect ratios
With the list of the most common aspect ratios the app has to offer, you can obtain a photo of the needed proportions fast and with no effort. As soon as a specific ratio is selected, tap the Apply button — and the app will crop or uncrop your shot to those specific dimensions.
• Reframing a photo by using grids
Recrop provides you with a set of the classical composition grids to help you be accurate when recomposing your images. After selecting a grid, just move a photo frame as needed to balance the photo.
Straighten a crooked horizon line in a photo by swiping left or right or up or down anywhere outside the photo frame. The resolution of the photo won't be lost — the nearby pixels will be copied and added to the areas created.
PRAISES ABOUT RECROP
“Recrop does one thing insanely well and is the only smartphone app dedicated to this task: like content-aware fill for Photoshop, it can extend elements of an image to give more of what you missed, allowing you to crop, rotate, and even enlarge without sacrificing parts of the original image.” — Dan Rubin, Photographer, Designer
Download Recrop right now and give it a try!
If you have any questions or complaints about Recrop or need assistance with the app, please email us at support at adva-soft.com.
• Changed the look of the Continue button and renamed it to "Latest Edits"
• Added support for the Peek and Pop function in Latest Edits
• Added the possibility to discard the most recent edits and start from scratch by selecting another photo for editing
• Fixed the bug causing the app to produce distortions on some photos after un-cropping and saving them
• Fixed the bug causing the app not to show the boundaries to which to un-crop photos
• Made the Golden Spiral grid more flexible to use
• Made stability improvements
• Improved the app performance on older devices
Ratings and Reviews
This is a unique and essential app for iOS photo editing. I’ve used some version of this software by the same débrouiller for years: First Anti-crop, then Handy Photo. Handy Photo was not as good as Anti-Crop, but I’m 100% happy to say that Recrop restores the former glory of Anti-Crop, and more. It’s a great example of an app that does one thing, and does it well.
Request: It would be nice to offer cross-editing capability if you own the other app, Retouch, without having to save to the Photo Library between edits.
Critics are just WRONG!
If you have an ounce of brains, you can get very good results, and in VERY little time. If you are expecting magically perfect results without any discernment on your part, you will probably be disappointed.
I am a pro photographer and a successful painter/illustrator. I have very high standards, and I've gotten some excellent, seamless results using anticrop. As often as not, I haven't needed to finish in more advanced (and expensive) software. It saves a TON of time and effort when compared to something like Photoshop, and for the price there is nothing else that even comes close to what this app does effortlessly. OF COURSE there are some photos that do not anticrop well, but come on – it costs 99¢!
I’m so excited that this app has been brought back from the dead! I hunted high and low for something with similar capabilities for years now! Maybe there is/was something else but I never found it and I’ve been missing this app since iOS 10 or whatever it was that broke it here.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Maksym Davydov
- 20 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © ADVA Soft
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.