TooFar Media features provocative stories for the eyes, ears, and imagination by Rich Shapero, including Dreams of Delphine, The Slide That Buried Rightful, Dissolve, Island Fruit Remedy, Balcony of Fog, Rin, Tongue and Dorner, Arms from the Sea, The Hope We Seek, Too Far and Wild Animus.
“A delirious fusion of fiction, music and art.” —The Village Voice
Dreams of Delphine: Fathom the uncanny wisdom and power of dream space.
The Slide That Buried Rightful: Wake to a new understanding of earthly, and unearthly, justice.
Dissolve: Dare to accompany a man with unusual beliefs in his rapturous transition between life and death.
Island Fruit Remedy: Surrender to an outrageous tropical burlesque about the creative act of finding and keeping love.
Balcony of Fog: Cast off into the clouds to experience the conflict between the power of love and the love of power.
Rin, Tongue and Dorner: Take a fiery, hyper-metaphorical ride into the red-hot depths of buried passion and the combustible inner workings of human desire.
Arms from the Sea: Plunge into an oceanic “heaven” and let a perverse, tentacled god challenge your trust as he guides you toward the redemption of a desolate world.
The Hope We Seek: Dare to descend with a mercurial goddess into the depths of an allegorical gold mine to unearth the redemptive power of passion and belief.
Too Far: Explore a mystical northern forest and discover the promise and cruelty of what it means to grow up.
Wild Animus: Leap into a wild visionary landscape where a meeting with a seismic god augurs a bliss beyond fear.
About the Author:
Rich Shapero’s novels—all available in this app—dare readers with giant metaphors, magnificent obsessions and potent ideas. His seekers, alongside readers, grapple with revealing truths about human potential. Combining music, visual art, animation and video, Shapero spins provocative stories for the eyes, ears, and imagination.
• Fully integrated music and video players
• Over 100 original tracks written by Rich Shapero, Elsiane, Orenda Fink (Azure Ray) and Lhasa de Sela, featuring vocals by Marissa Nadler, Maria Taylor, Orenda Fink, Hollie Fullbrook, and musical contributions from Andy LeMaster (Bright Eyes), Marc Ribot (John Zorn/Tom Waits), Son of Dave (Crash Test Dummies), Eric Drew Feldman (Captain Beefheart/PJ Harvey), El Búho, Nils Petter Molvaer and more
• Stunning high-res art by Eugene Von Bruenchenhein, Donald Pass, François Burland, Adde Russell, Hilary Brace, Ramón Alejandro, Cameron Nelson and Paul Rumsey
• Arresting art animations by Tomas Cottle, Tavet Gillson, Janelle Miau and Andres Fouché
• Hi-res videos featuring natural (and unnatural) phenomena as well as pundits from various fields discussing core ideas of Dreams of Delphine and Balcony of Fog
• Bonus short story related to Dissolve
• Bonus audio tracks including “Wild Animus: 50 Years Later,” Hard Trials, Great Tribulations” by Mt. Zion Baptist Quartet, a “Mister Moon” demo by Rich Shapero, and “Does Presden Deserve Delphine?” by Rich Shapero (composer/guitar), sung by Orenda Fink, Maria Taylor and Sally Dworsky
• Bonus album, The Slide That Buried Rightful: The Music
• Bonus video featuring Elsiane's live performance of a track from Rin, Tongue and Dorner
• Q&As with the author for all titles
Questions? Need Support? Email us: info@TooFarMedia.com
Introducing Dreams of Delphine: Fathom the uncanny wisdom and power of dream space.
Ratings and Reviews
Book was good
Aside from the many grammatical errors, which bothered me horribly at the beginning, I really did enjoy this book. The book’s title also confused me, but I have to put that aside because the book wasn’t that bad.
This book begins in a world of the future. I love a good sci-fi book, so I was pulled in immediately! Dorner is the main character and he is being haunted by a part of his own personality. Tongue is haunting him and he is now on a journey to find out why. Dorner has many important issues please in his community that he must keep up with though. One of those is to keep his community warm. In this society, global warming has been wreaking havoc on the whole world.
Dorner is plagued by some of the memories of his past though. Known as a sex fiend is his younger years, he has vowed to remain celibate. He meets Rin who is a doctor who wants to find out who Tongue is and why he is plaguing Dorner.
The book shares many sexual exploits and they are well written. I love the app and how it combines art, music, and literature to become an interactive app.
While on vacation, I recently was searching for a new book to read online when I discovered the TooFar Media app by Rich Shapero on ITunes. I was very interested in the concept of combining a wok of fiction with both original music and original art for one completely immersive and interactive experience for the reader. This app did not disappoint my expectations. I easily downloaded and selected one of Rich Shapero’s fictional works, Wild Animus, on the TooFar Media app. Wild Animus is a colorful and brilliant complex description of one man’s journey to self- discovery by living and evolving into a primal form in the wilderness of Alaska. The story is beautifully written although it does not take a traditional route in the timeline for Sam, the main character. Mr. Shapero’s story is accompanied on the TooFar Media app by coordinating music, the majority of which was also created by Rich Shapero. In addition to both the story and music, artwork by Donald Pass is also included to complete the immersive experience. After reading Wild Animus, I will definitely use the app again to enjoy another one of Rich Shapero’s interactive literary experiences.
Get Ready For A Wild Ride
From the very start I was intrigued. What was happening in Dorners dreams? But wait, are they even really dreams? He heard voices. Voices? Female voices. This book had my imagination in overdrive. Seduction and passion in way that I would have never imagined. Yet, it all made sense. Sort of. I had to keep reading.
The futuristic world was almost unsettling. How could one be held responsible for controlling their body temperature and temperament in order for the community to survive? Imagine that. Insane.
What I liked the best was the way the author was able to allow the reader to FEEL the conflict in both Dorner and Rin. Love, desire, shame, and even fear. How often do you meet someone that truly accepts you for who you really are? Encourages you to face your deepest daemons AND stands by your side through it all? Oh, Tongue was a beast. For both of them.
This love story was a true work of science fiction with hints of compassion and loving. While reading this, I found myself rooting for both Rin and Dorn to work out BOTH of their pasts and live happily ever after. Do they? There was love, passion, violence, jealousy, pain, ohhh and FIRE. Take your time and take it ALL in. There’s a lot going on and when you take your time and feel the characters, it all makes sense and again, gets that imagination into overdrive. Nice job.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Too Far LLC
- 306.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2016 TooFar Media
- In-App Purchases
- Wild Animus $11.99
- Too Far $11.99
- The Hope We Seek $11.99
- Arms from the Sea $11.99
- Island Fruit Remedy $11.99
- Dissolve $11.99
- The Slide That Buried Rightful $11.99
- Balcony of Fog $11.99
- Rin, Tongue and Dorner $11.99
- Dreams of Delphine $11.99